Sunday, January 17, 2010

Wrapping up the week

I haven't posted these last few days... how long has it been? I'm too lazy to look.

I have been a busy bee. So busy that by today, my body is achy. I found out I'll be heading to the hospital to have little man delivered via C-section March 30th. I'm super excited and it's sparked some "get r done" action into me. My growing list of things to get done before he arrives is sometimes overwhelming. Add that to my normal every day To-Do list, there's a lot. I've just been working on tackling as much as I can every day without overdoing it. That hasn't left much time for the computer. Strangely enough this week has been a "quiet" week for me. Thoughtless week... meaning I've just not had much to say, even on my beloved facebook. Hence why I've been "gone".

Tracking went to the wayside this week, mainly because I've been making A LOT of meals that i have no calorie information on and just have not taken the time to get on sparkpeople.com and enter the recipes to get the info, plus just have no interest in figuring it out. I am however watching my portion sizes and am working hard to be sure what is going into each meal and taking that into account with how much I eat of it, etc... I've kept my snacking to a minimum and worked hard at keeping it accountable. Some of the meals I made, I do know were pretty healthy as they were 100% home made, even down to the sauces, etc... at least in the sense of no added crap.

Exercise was better than the last few weeks... in the sense that I got in 3 days instead of 2. :) YEAH!! hahahahaha!! I know, only 3! But that's good for me. :) Every little step forward in the right direction makes me happy. But when i consider the physical labor I've been doing this last week... It's just gotta be good enough. Know what i mean jelly bean.

So that's the short story on my week. This weekend has been very busy, on my feet alot and today, I'm desperately wanting to take a do nothing day... But again that damn To-Do list is looking overwhelming and I just don't feel like I can. My house doesn't look like I can. I'll take it easy for the most part though, because I need to.

My goals for next week are to:
1. get at least 3 days of exercise or more in
2. figure out a way to track those meals that I have no calorie info on that is easy and not time consuming. Sparkpeople.com is just too time consuming and I'm not making a seperate pot just for me so that I can measure out each portion of each ingrediant and track that way- ANY IDEAS for me?

Have a great Sunday!!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jules! It always annoys me to find recipes without any nutritional information. I can understand if it's something from an older book or magazine...from way back...when we didn't care about fat, salt, sugar or carbs. What really gets me though is why you can still pick up a foodie mag or cookbook and they omit that very info! I just bought a magazine the other day and while the "light" section had everything there in black and white, not one of the other recipes did! Makes no sense to me! I know that I will NOT buy that magazine again, no matter how many celebrity cooks have recipes in there!

    Wishing you lots of success on your to-do list and on your goals for the week!

    -B
    http://diaryofasoontobeskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 3 workouts are great!! Way to go! Who is your doctor out there? I went to Dr. Nahm 5 years ago but I heard he moved.

    ReplyDelete