Monday, March 30, 2009

High notes of my sunday

Although I didn't get as much done as I wanted to yesterday; I got 1/4 of it done. I ended the day on a high note. This is the first of my highs. My daughter (I believe daddy helped but he says he didn't) dressed up like her version of a fairy :)


In the evening, I took missy out for a walk and kept the pace up so that my heart rate was in my target zone; yeah that handy dandy piece of equipment my mom gave me over a year ago really is good to have. :) I used the stop watch to time myself and I kept an eye on my heart rate to be sure my pace was going to be effective in burning calories. We did 1.45mi total and although I could have done more it was getting dark. I looked at my past times for a 1.45mi walk and it was right in line for similar walks with her. :) Yeah me, because I felt like just strolling, not exercising. :)

I had a good healthy dinner that ended up NOT hitting the spot so instead of finishing it... I tossed it and had some oatmeal that DID hit the spot. No more eating just because I can't afford to throw something away. I can't afford to eat just to eat either. I do want to enjoy my meals so i don't eat just to eat. So it goes hand in hand. I know, complicated...
The only non- high note that happened last night was I stayed up WAY too late reading. Every night before I turn out the light I read, it helps me to turn my brain off and fall asleep without thinking of all the things I didn't do or all the things I will have to do when i wake up. besides it's my favorite thing to do in the whole world and it's me time. :) I digress, I'm reading Dean Koontz's The Taking and OMG! I just want to find out what is going to happen. Will they win, will the human race survive? The whole gamit. By 1:30 I finally had to tell myself ENOUGH and go to sleep. Needless to say... I kept thinking of what is to come and what will happen... I didn't fall asleep easily. :) But hey, what better reason to stay awake. :)

This morning I got up, went for my walk/run, got in touch with someone I used to dog sit for and I feel just plain fantastic. Today is a bright new day full of business that I MUST get to or the day could turn sour. But... it won't so i better run.
Always,
Jules

1 comment: