Sunday, July 26, 2009

Surprise Surprise... lifes unexpected turns

So... as I told you, on Friday I bought and fit into a size 16 skirt! WHOHOO!!

The bad news (or in my case good news) is I won't be able to wear it very long. But by god I will wear it as long as I can, because I'm not ready to let go of that MAJOR NSV yet. So no returning of said skirt. :)

Friday afternoon I found out...

I'm pregnant!!!

Yeppers... If I'm right... I'm just a few weeks along. I'm SUPER excited! I want to shout it from the rooftops! Which is a HUGE change from earlier this year when i was scarred I was pregnant and totally had a mini freak out breakdown of oh shit I'm not ready for this. It was right when i started working on getting healthy and trying to lose weight. Yeah... I so don't feel that way this time that it's real. :)

I'm actually excited, This isn't planned, wasn't expected (is it ever?). BUT I must be ready. I have some concerns. I mean, I'm only 10lbs lighter than when i got pregnant with my daughter. hypertension and pre eclampsia plagued my first pregnancy and I'm not where I wanted to be weight wise to help "lower" my chances of complications. BUT considering 2 things: 1. being that with my daughter the ONLY weight I gained was her. When all that lovely swelling went down after she was born, i was at my pre-pregnancy weight with no effort on my part and 2. when i consider that all the "ideal weight models" say I'm obese and obese woman can actually NOT gain a pound during pregnancy and STILL have a healthy pregnancy. I have some Dr talking to do.

Part of me is afraid, Afraid of the set back in this part of my life's journey. Part of me is almost glad I am preggers NOW instead of after losing all this weight. I mean come on... the chance to lose it all just to gain it all... that would kinda suck. But at the same time... I'm afraid if my already lazy butt gets off the wagon even further than i am now... I'll never get back on. That lazy gene (or brain or whatever you wanna call it) has really been helping me get off track this last month... what will it do to me when i am 4 months preggers and just plain tired? Either way, I've got my work cut out for me.

Anyhow... So monday I'll be calling my PCP who's been working with me on my losing weight and all over health. I've already got my OB apt in Sept... which with the 1st one... they wanted to wait until the 3rd month to see me anyhow. So... I'm good on that for now. BUT I do want a Dr's professional opinion on how I should proceed with the road I've been on. With my health track record. Where do I go from here... I've still got blood pressure and cholesterol issues. I've still got weight issues, what do I do now? I know putting things on the back burner is what MOST woman would do, but with my health concerns... I'm not most woman. I want my baby to be safe, especially because of the hypertension. I'm not as stupid as I was with my daughter. Knowledge is power and this time... I've got the knowledge, now I need the power that the Dr can give me. :) I know I can still work out, I know how to eat... but do i count still? Where do i go. I just don't know. Especially since I read Obese people don't have to gain weight while preggers, but am I in that obese range. Everything says I am. Anyhow... seems like after 1 I shouldn't have many questions... but this time around I'm full of questions I never considered the first time around.

So... Here's what I DO KNOW!! Feels good to say that. :) 3 things and then I'm done :)

1. Jenn @ priorfatgirl & Annabel @ FeedmeI'mcranky, I'm sad to report... I've totally bombed on BOTH challenges. The weight loss challenge AND the water challenge. So this week I'll be buying $50 worth of groceries and donating them to the food bank since that is what i chose as my charity. I was going to give it a last ditch effort this week... but yeah... no. I can't do the kind of working out that i planned that would be required for said last ditch effort. But i guess I'm ok with that. :) Jenn, As for the water only and only 1 cup of coffee a day that I said I'd do... i bombed BIG TIME!! I've had more than my 1 cup of Joe at least every other day. I still only drank water other than said coffee. but it still equaled more coffee than i said I'd drink. :) BUT the good news is... as of Friday I'm forced to go back to decaf or no Joe at all... So, in a way... my body has totally won over of my brain. So I'll be on a 9 month challenge instead. In a way, I'm raising the bar of your challenge. :) Now to wean myself off so I don't go insane. :)

Anyone have any suggestions on that... I wasn't such a coffee fiend the first time around so it wasn't as hard... now I'm addicted. So what's the best way other than cold turkey. Any suggestions out there? I'm going grocery shopping later today... I'm not sure what to do.
2. I'm glad that this last 5 months I've learned to balance out my eating... in a relative, real life way. I'm glad that with the 1st pregnancy... I ate VERY well to insure my daughter's health. Now I feel armed with food power like NEVER before. I'm excited for the things I've learned to be carried over. As soon as I figure out what will be good for me calorie/point wise... I know what they say to do... but I'm not the normal preggers girl. I'm excited to start THAT changing part of my journey. I WILL NOT become a prego woman who eats for two. I will stay healthy in my eating. :) I've even been adding ground turkey to my diet. Holy cow!! :):):)
3. I'm even more motivated to work out now. I'm not sure about HOW far to take this since this last month I've really fallen off the wagon. But I will start walking again in the evenings, even if it's after dark until the weather cools down. I am going to go buy ankle weights later today and I will walk with both my ankle and wrist weights. At least until I can figure out what is good and bad for me in this department in regards to strength training and intensity levels. The point is I am more determined to MOVE than ever before. Tonight is the night I'll start walking and I'm going to do my Wii yoga every day. EA I'll probably have to create my own special workout to cut out some of the things I know I shouldn't do; I can do this on days I KNOW I can't go walking due to schedule conflicts. Etc... I'm sad to say i won't be training to run this fall. But... Next year I will. :)
Any of you out there who have been (or were) trying to lose weight, get preggers and still continue your journey? Any suggestions on where to go from here? Any tips or tricks to be safe, etc... I admit last time... I did NADA!! :)
Always,
Jules

5 comments:

  1. I didn't have any problem at all during pregnancy. Oh wait, I was the man...

    Good luck and congrats on the big news. That's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! That announcement was worth the wait! I'm so happy for you!

    I have no advice, but I'm thrilled you've got that knowledge is power going on.

    I wish you a wonderful pregancy and a beautiful baby. It will be fun to follow you during this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is so amazing lady!!! Congratulations on the amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete