Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pushing through.

Last week was not a failure week for me.

At least I'm not looking at it as a failure.

I worked out 4 out of 5 days.

I didn't reach my daily water goals

I didn't reach my food journaling goals

I didn't... i didn't... I didn't.

BUT I worked out 4 out of 5 days. I'm trying really hard. Just realizing that I need to keep trying, keep pushing through and at the same time realize that until my handsome guy is sleeping through the night (and therefore me too)... it's going to be a really tough journey. I have to admit.. i make the WORST choices when I'm tired, lets see... who else can see that being a HUGE problem in the motivation arena. especially when it comes to meal choices. I'm living on coffee and water, heck I need coffee in the afternoons as much as I do in the morning. I'm trying to limit it so as to get enough water... but it's not quite working yet. I'll keep trying.

So, despite the exhaustion, I'm pushing on. I'm trying, I start out good in the morning, but some where in between juggling my day... I fall short. I'm working hard on limiting the "sweets" and I'm working hard at trying to find my balance. Right now, I feel like if I can just exercise my easy peasy routine (since I'm not cleared for exercise yet) for 4-5 days a week... then I'm a winner.

I know I need to battle through on my other goals as much as exercising too and I'll keep trying until I get there. But I know my limitations too... no matter how well I plan, exhaustion dictates most my day and with a 1 month old in the house... it's just the way the day rolls and I've got to learn to deal right? despite the excuses.

This week I'm working on exercising the full 5 days, 2 down... 3 to go. YEAH!! I'm also working on trying to get back to using the mydiet app on facebook. so, far... yeah right. Really wish I had a phone with a calorie counting app on it to make it all more accessible, getting on this darn computer is harder than ever these days. Some day, I'll have one or maybe a bodybug if I wish hard enough. :)

No matter your situation... Make it your best week possible.

Always,
Jules

10 comments:

  1. Good job on getting some workouts in! I can't imagine it's easy with 2 little ones!

    I do like the Thomas' Bagel thins. They make good breakfasts and buns for burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing fine! And no, you are NOT a failure. Give yourself a break, chica... you JUST had a baby. And look at you! You are still doing the best you can to be accountable and make the right choices. In my opinion... that is amazing!!!!

    Kiss that baby and hug your baby girl. Take care of yourself, so you can better take care of them. But give yourself time. You are determined and you will get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great to get work outs in at all when you are sleep deprived. :)

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on working out the 4 days :) You sounds like you are doing great! Don't be too hard on your self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, can I say something?
    If you are exhausted, could it be because you are doing too much too soon?
    If you are not cleared to exercise yet - should you be exercising?? Maybe your body is trying to tell you to s-l-o-w down.
    Just a suggestion, you do what you feel is right for you of course!
    And WOW - baby is sleeping through the night already?? Lucky mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya Jenn I do and I'm glad you made me stop and think. BUT really I'm one of those people who don't handle sleep being broke up very well, heck i don't handle not getting 8 hours very well. But I'm adjusting and taking it easy (if only you could see my house, hehehe!) as much as I can. As for the exercise I'm doing it's a 10 minute pilates on the exercise ball routine that is for flexibility (which really means all i'm doing is stretching). I skip the 1 thing that is abdominal involved and modify the things that tend to make me notice my abdomin. I've also been doing 5 minutes of arm exercises with the ball... believe it or not, after the 10 minute flexibilty portion I feel less stressed and feel more in tune and ready to go for the night ahead. mainly it's becoming my "me" time as my husband has been taking baby duty while I do it, I focus on modifying every move to be sure I'm not "harming" myself. :) I'm not cleared yet which is why i'm modifying an already super easy routine. :)

    As for little man sleeping through the night... yeah, did I forget to mention to ya all that the reason i'm so exhausted is that we've found out he's lactose intolerant (so we've had some issues lately) AND we've been dealing with colic issues this last week and a 1/2. To top it off every other night he's up to eat every 2 hours instead of every 3 like he is during the day. So... yeah. :) he was great those first 2 weeks, only getting up 1x between 10pm and 5am... and yeah, that has stopped. Oh well, what do you do, it's all part of the job. :)

    And I promise not to over do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please be gentle on yourself! You have your whole life to workout. I definitely thinking working out is important, but healing and getting physically strong is too.

    I read your comment above and it sounds like you've got a lot going on with the baby. It's mentally and physically exhausting to not only give birth but those first couple months are tiring.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being aware of what you ARE doing is important, so you are halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are definitely a winner! :) You are a winner as a mom first and foremost! And you have me beat on the exercise right now. UGH I'm stinking in that category!

    PS Happy early Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly think you have to hit rock bottom to make a change in your life. For anything really, for someone to truly want to change, they have to hit bottom, with drugs, alchohol, love life & relationships, and in your case food.For me I had two children and in those years the weight slowly crept up and I always made the excuse I was too busy to work out, but really it was just laziness. After I had my 2nd child I was 171 and I saw a picture of myself and that was my breaking point. I guess you could say that was my "rock bottom". From then on I made a decision to eat right foods, not for just a couple weeks or a month, but to make LIFESTYLE CHANGE, because I knew I would not truly like myself if I didn't. Not saying you have to be 130 lbs to be happy, that is far from what I mean, but I knew my weight was keeping me from being the person that I wanted to be.You just have to make a decision within yourself, find a strenght and draw from it, I swear if you can commit for 1 or 2 months, you will see improvements and then you will want to continue with it. That was November 08 and I weighed 171, now April 2010 I am currently 142 and still losing. I lost 20 lbs just from eating healthy, no working out at all so it CAN be done, it's hard but it is possible. I have recently started working out along with eating healthy because I was "stuck" around 150 for a long time.YOU CAN DO IT! Tell yourself that you are worth it. I would suggest cleaning out your pantry so that when K is not home, you will be forced to make healthy choices. And you know what, if you have a cheat day, so what, you didn't gain your weight in one day, as long as it doesn't continue into the next day, just say "that was great, tomorrow back to it" and start over again. The weight will continue to come off.Hang in there girl, it's tough being a woman!sorry for the long post

    ReplyDelete