Wednesday, August 10, 2011

uuggghhh...

Right now I'm sick. It's taking everything I have to take care of my kids minute to minute.

The thing that I keep pondering as i TRY TRY TRY to convince myself to count calories and cook meals that are more in line with my healthiness journey and avoid gaining weight this week is this? (mind you I've yet to convince myself of either)

HOW IN THE HECK...
do you handle being sick and being "healthy" (aka dieting) at the same time?


Let me just admit right now. I'm failing!!! I've got to turn it around, but right now I can't seem to get past the fact that I feel like the worlds biggest pile of cow dung.

So how do you handle being sick and living a healthy lifestyle. Please share!!!

Jules

4 comments:

  1. I went through this last week too! Thankfully I don't have children to look after, but it is incredibly difficult to remain motivated and not eat comfort food when all you want is, well, comfort!

    I found that not beating yourself up about it is the key, because ultimately remaining positive is the necessary element for success here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules

    First off, I think you are way too hard on yourself. We tend to take on so many responsibilities and then punish ourselves for not following through. You have to take being healthy one day at a time. All it comes down to is one small decision after the next. IE Organic or Cheaper, Complex or Simple Carbs, Dessert or No Dessert, Soda or Sparkling Water? Just reward yourself for being healthy. Relish in your guilt-free lifestyle and commend yourself (even just in your head) for choosing the right thing. Just as anyone however, please treat yourself well. Sometimes we need that instant happy feeling from the strawberry shortcake or potato chips. Allow yourself ONE day a week where you can be a bad girl. Have a glass of wine, go out to that mexican restaurant, or have a dessert infront of the TV instead of going to the gym. This one day a week is your day. Take care of your mind and soul as well as your body. You will not suffer if you can bounce from having one bad day a week. This is how I stay sane when I am regulating my diet and lifestyle. Hang in there and just remember you should celebrate your healthy choices with compliments to yourself. Then just take one day off a week for the sanity :-) Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. im an overweight tween and this is really helping me. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete