Monday, March 16, 2009

Full of hope and frustration

Today was one of those days. I started out strong. I forgot how it feels to get up and outside so early in the morning. i have forgotten what it feels like to be alone and not worry as much. This mornings walk, just plain made me feel good. i did do some wondering too...

1. When will my legs be used to just this 1 mile and not hurt.... i know When I'm more used to it.
2. I wonder if I could ever start running again. As much as I used to grumble and struggle with running in HS, really. i loved it. made me feel like I was flying. And the high I used to get when i reached a new level or finished in a new spot. Nothing beats it!
3. I wondered if my heat despising self will manage to get thru this during the summer. I don't think I could handle 6am alarm clocks again... I think I'll have to go back to work full time if that's what it takes. hhhmm.... will rethink that one if it becomes an issue.
4. I wondered if the people walking around me or sitting in their backyards were as fascinated by the loads of smallish pigeons (I think) just quietly sitting on the ground in this weird formation. i also wondered what they were up to... what goes on in their little brains?
5. I wondered if I walked up to Reems Rd if I'd be home in time for missy to be awake or if she'll blissfully still be sleeping when I get home. :) Alas, she woke up shortly after I got home. And before anyone wonders, my husband WAS home... he was just sleeping as he's a graveyard worker.

Today i had some frustrating things run thru my mind... for instance, is it wrong to stick your head out your door and scream at this kids across the street to shut up! And further more is it wrong to walk up to their homes and slap their mothers mid scream as their moms are too lazy to walk the distance to the greenbelt to give them the message and the kids are doing the same thing their mothers are... screaming instead of going home and having a real conversation. Can i fault the kids when that's what they have leading them for an example. I'm lazy but OMG I'm not that lazy... yet.
Also... while watching the news I had a blow to my head that just took me by surprise gripped my brain and wouldn't let go until i was full of anger. With the economy schools are losing funding, teachers are losing aids, classroom sizes are getting bigger and the list goes on and on. Our kids and teachers are the ones getting the short stick; the thing that set me off was listening to one of the college BB coaches talking to my favorite new station and talking about their all expense paid trip to some place or other. Now i usually stay out of sports, etc... and i admit I don't know how college sports are FULLY funded but HOLY CRAPOLA!! Why does a college BB team need a full ride to some game; especially when those same kids are probably some of the same ones who are screaming that their classes are getting cut and tuition being raised. All I gotta say is dammit I'm pissed & frustrated! Especially when i know good K-12 teachers & schools who are struggling and even losing subs and the solution for that one is to double up class sizes if a teacher is out. I don't know... sports (as much as I enjoy watching them) make me wonder what we're all coming too... And before I really get myself set off on a full blown idiotic tirade I'll go.

So there was my day. These were my highlights and my low-lights. My tirades and my euphoria. :) Tomorrow is always another day... the question is always the same, will i remember it enough to share? :)

Always,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. Your walk outside sounds like it was fabulous! And I hope you have a great rest-of-the-week! :)

    ReplyDelete