Sunday, March 22, 2009

This weekends challenges & updates

It's been a busy & lazy weekend.
Saturday's walk/run was AWESOME! The weather was beautiful and I was feeling it again; that amazing high and excitement I've been getting when i go for walks. During my walk I kept thinking of the past, but all in good ways. All the things I thought I couldn't do or triumphed over. HS track & field, cross country, kickin' men out of my life when I loved them, Being invited to study abroad in college & the following years making it to the deans list; finding someone to love me despite my quirky personality. :) All these things involved a lot of I can not do it, or something or other that pulled me down, or worse others who thought I couldn't and standing up for myself and persevering (is that the right word). And now for once in a long time... that same perseverance is striving forth and I am proving to myself as this time this is who needs to be stood up to and proved wrong, that i can do this. I CAN weigh what i deserve and should weigh. I can live healthy and be healthy and enjoy life. Anyhow... That was a lot for a 22min mile. :) The rest of Sat though... was pretty darn lazy and spent watching TV and playing with missy. :) When i finally dragged myself to think about dinner. All I wanted to do was be lazy and buy dinner; didn't matter that I had fridge full of food or leftovers, I was just resorting to old habits when i didn't want to cook. I even went thru my WW books for where the best option for fast food will be. yeah took a lot of work... and what do you know... NOTHING!! Not so that I'll feel full and satisfied and not hungry later. I decided on Taco Bell, ran to Wally world for printer ink and headed over there... what do you know. Will power won out. I left the parking lot with no food and decided on leftovers. Did make me decide to start cooking extra like I used to (used to cook for an army, not it's just enough) and if nothing else, freeze it for days like Sat. I'm glad I changed my mind. i had the AP FP points to use and totally could have, but weigh in in Sunday's for me... maybe that was why... hhhmmmm....Anyhow...

Sunday,
1st thing this morning I had no coffee... i felt deprived it smelled and tasted funny. 2 pots. Somethings wrong with the beans. Didn't realize it until this evening, no coffee tomorrow either. What will i do :( oh dear me. I really am perplexed over this, but I will live. I digress... Shortly after waking up my mom showed up so that we could go hiking. We went out the white tanks. I haven't been out there for a while and was excited to go. We had a good time. I like spending time with my mom, especially in this capacity. :)We decided to do it every weekend unless something else was planned. So we talked in depth about that and how to make it work on days I will need to take missy with me. 2mi and neither one of us kept track of time but kept a good pace. I got home, had a 3pt brunch to save up for Lunch @ peter Piper for a kids BD party. Had in my head I was going to order a salad and no dressing so i could fill up on vegi's before the pizza and what do you know... they called and changed venue. Crap, what am I going to do!!! Ended up going to a park, having a lot of fun. Little Cesar's pizza instead and chose smaller pieces and still ate 3. When i got home I was glad to see it was only 12pts but I still wanted to Sh** my pants. HOLY COW!!!! Pizza great but OMG am I glad I can have a low pt breakfast and dinner to counter balance. I did have a lot of fun hanging and talking with my best friend, her daughter and my family with no tension... ok a little tension from the boy situation, but what do you do? I loved the time we had just the same. Tonight I had to fight the urge and talk myself out of more pizza that my hubby brought home for himself. It was calling my name and I am proud to say i changed my name to fish & fresh green beans! WHOHOO!! hows that for ya pizza! Now I'm stuffed and ready to clean off my stair stepper and use my bands and it for some more exercise. Clean it off you say? Yes... It's been outside for almost a year now and it's so dirty. Hubby asked me what to do with it as he wanted me to say donate it. I almost said yes and then almost said well when I'm in better shape I want to use it. WHAT? What about no more waiting? So I promised him if in the next 2 weeks I didn't use it at least 3x a week ea week... we could get rid of it. So... I am resolving myself to incorporate my resistance bands and it to do as my additional exercise besides my walks. I am not where I can use it for 10 min a day, but what about a few minutes at a time throughout the day... we'll see if I can work that in :) I'm kinda excited. Which means I should go clean it and as soon as this food settles... start exercising. :) It was a great weekend and I'm excited for tomorrow. Do you realize how long it's been since I was excited every day to wake up and start a new day... it's been a long time and it feels fabulous!

Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment