Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Just checking in

I know you are all just dying to know where I've been all day :) LOL

I've been a busy girl, although by the looks of my To-Do list Iv'e done a WHOLE LOTTA NADA!!

I've been eating great today... i think a little too great in the 0pt food category... I've still got 16 points to eat for today and I'm not hungry right now... so snacking is not an option right now. oh well, I've got a Yummy dinner planned with Chicken and butternut squash. hhhmmmmm.... Maybe we'll just have to go for ice cream! Yeah right!

I did my walk/run this morning. I did pretty great if you count the fact that I was really tired and struggling today... then maybe not. I was walking like a turtle when it was time for the walking parts. But I did increase my distance. I need to figure out how to get 2 miles in outside of my neighborhood since I use those streets as a warm up and cool down. Of course as I write that I'm realizing that i then need to reset my pedometer at said new start point...not at the house... Hmmm... will work on that one more this week so that i can fine tune it :):)

I spent my morning looking for training ideas. I decided to save the money and not get a trainer. That means I need to hit the internet which is so time consuming. BUT i found some great plans and ideas on runners world website. So I'm excited and monday will be the start of my new traning. :) In the mean time I will work on fine tuning the distances available in my park outside of my neighborhood and I will work on looking for options for my additional 30min of exercise every day. Yes, I've got my circuit... But lets face it... I really don't feel motivated to do it... hence why I've only done it twice. So i decided Kiddo is getting kicked off of the television (not that she watches it 1/2 the time, but you know kids; you change the channel they freak!) from now on and I'll have to tune into ExerciseTV at OnDemand. This Am I tried out 3 of the workouts (out of a few hundred). 1 pilates... didn't care for it... too much tummy to be able to do anything. 1 Yoga... same thing. Why don't they make a pilates or Yoga video for fat people. I mean come on... my body DOES NOT move like the skinny peoples do. Contorting a bunch of fat just doesn't quite work. Oh well... I like Pilates, but haven't done it since I gained weight. Now I know why. I'll go back and try it again at a later time in my weight loss. The last one I tried was Cardioke, this one I turned on because the name made me curious. It was actually A LOT of fun. I can say that I'm realizing a down fall to cardio workouts is that the tummy fat also jiggles. Just too much jiggling on my body, between boobs, arms AND belly fat. Holy cow! I Gotta lose this weight!!! Anyhow...I can't keep up wiht Billy banks Jr very well, but really... It's all about moving so I did my own crazy thing 1/2 the time. My own dance moves that were similar. I barely made it thru the 28 minutes. But i had fun and it was great seeing Missy running around me saying exercise exercise. She was trying to dance/workout along with me. It was hilarious. We were stepping all over each other. So I'll spend the rest of the week checking out others and writing them down so that I have a pre-made list of what I like so that I can fit in an extra 30 minutes and that way... So that I won't any excuses like.... well... but there's nothing i want to do, or I don't want to do that so now what... This way, I'm armed with Knowledge because Knowledge really is power. No matter how corny that is to say. :)

I also started a recipe Blog because I'm starting to forget some of the things I've made and liked. I'm one of those cooks who just tosses everything together and hopes for the best. I've had a lot of luck with it in the past. But since starting this new journey I've never even really measured anything. Recipes have always been some thing of a guideline... never something i followed to a T. But now that I'm trying to cook healthier, better for me and counting points... I HAVE to measure things out. But my personal kitchen junk drawer is getting a little over run with recipes. So... This way I can share and they will be all in 1 place. :) Anyhow... I better go I still have to do dishes before I leave for work. When i get home I'll cook dinner and clean the floors. Oh what fun!

I hope you've had a fantastically beautiful day!

Always,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your workout! I've really been struggling with getting my workouts in lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Love the new BG BTW. Cute. I'm liking the OnDemand stuff too. I'm excited to see your new recipes. I love recipes. Body For Life used to have a website with great work out's on it. Real stuff, nothing whimpy. Free weights, nothing fancy.
    My day never really got any better. Just blah. I did 10 minutes of cardio, better than nothing, but sad that I whimped out and gave up. I just didn't have any energy today. Oh, and I like that you stalk me! LOL! I Twitter too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the yoga and pilates, not for me. I LOVE Cardioke though, its so much fun! There are tons of cardio workouts on ExerciseTV's website I think you would really enjoy:
    http://exercisetv.tv/watchvideo.aspx?id=600077288&series=&filter=776646390_776662279

    ReplyDelete