Monday, April 20, 2009

My Measurements

Earlier this month i decided to start writing down all the nifty things my scale tells me when i weigh in AND to start taking my measurements to give myself a better all around view of my weight loss. Particularly when I'm feeling like the scale hates me... I figured it'll be a better visual every few weeks. So here we go...

04/05/09 04/20/09
Weight: 188.7 185.9
Body Fat in Lbs: 78.7 75.5 (-3.2)
BF %: 41.2 40.5 (-.7)
BMI: 38.5 37.6 (-.9)
Bust: 44.5 44 (-.5)
Waist: 44.5 44 (-.5)
Hips: 46 44.5 (-1.5)
Thighs: L-27 L- 26.5 (-.5)
R-26 R-26 (-0)
Arms: L-14 L-14 (-0)
R-14.5 R-14.5 (-0)
Right above Knees: L- L- 18.5 (-0)
R- R- 18.5 (-0)
Calves: - L- 17.5 (-0)
R-17 (-0)

Today i measured my calves and the area above my knees because I remember in HS when is started running... By the time i lost weight... i had massive thighs and massive calves. It was pure muscle. And I'm curious to see what if any changes occur to the 2 of them. If I could get that V back again above my knee... I'd know I was in heaven. :)

Over all I'm very pleased because I haven't felt like the scale is reflecting all my extra hard work. So It's nice to see the changes taking place... Even if I can't "see" them, they are happening. Some downfalls to the measuring... it's really disgusting to see in #'s that my bust and waist are the same size... That is just puke my guts out disgusting. In 2 weeks I've officially gotten my body to be 1 big huge apple instead of a lovely pear. Oh well... I guess progress is the game so if my truck all measures the same... well, I guess I'll take it for now since it IS a change and maybe in 2 weeks... well, i won't go wishing because then I'll get my hopes up. I'll just pray for constant changing #'s. Since I've been adding in strength training... I'm sure those arm #'s will change too. in 2 weeks I've lowered my BMI and my over all fat... So I'm happy. Now if only I could do this weight loss without the scale. Because I'm starting to hate it. I'm pretty sure I've grown a hatred towards it this weekend... So I think not weighing myself every day this week MIGHT be easier. Lets hope.

I better run... literally, I've spent so much time on here.. I'm 30min late from leaving for my run/walk. Today is going to be a hectic kill me kinda day. I can't wait for the break in between when i get to take Kiddo to see my friend and she'll get to play with her kids in the pool. When i get home from my running/walking... I'm hoping to have the energy to fit in 30 minutes of something else before I start running around here like a maniac so that we can leave. Maybe 30 day shred... we'll see :) if not... i'll have to force myself to do it tonight... oh lordy I know I'll be tired.

And remember.... With a little planning you CAN fit in exercise and good eating. If I can do that today... YOU can do that today. We can do it together! Have a great day all!

Always,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. You've done great!!!

    I was far too chicken to measure myself. I kind of wish I had, because I know I've lost from my tummy and hips, but I know those numbers would be huge. The scale's number was traumatic enough! lol

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete