Thursday, April 16, 2009

Random thoughts for today

Chubby Chics post really got me thinking and for all intents and purposes got my brain thinking. So for that i need to thank her.

When I logged on this morning, for no reason at all I didn't want to go workout. None at all... really it's because I'm feeling low, alone and like a failure. Why? Because of the damn scale! I won't rant about it because frankly I'm starting to feel pissed and that is a good thing... gets me motivated. So anyways, I was ready to throw today out the window and count today as a no workout day. But really... I don't need to. I need to change up my day.

So when I get missy up, I'll take her for a walk... I'll leave the "how long" at the door and just walk until I find my 2 miles WITHOUT resorting to the part of the park that has a hill that I'm just not ready for. I'll do this and be OK with it. We'll go enjoy the day together and maybe feed some ducks... we'll see how it fits into the scheme of the time mile search. Then since I don't have to work this morning... we'll do some dance cardio or some other type of "fun" looking ExerciseTV option. Some thing to get us laughing and moving. MAYBE just maybe if we have time... We'll go to the store and buy some more plants and then plant them. Anything to keep us moving today.

Side Note: Yesterday I spent an hour outside digging 7 big holes and planting all my plants I've already bought. Figuring out how I want them to be placed and then redistributing rocks and dirt that i had to displace in order to do said planting. :) I felt great!

Anyhow... I'll pray to god that kiddo stays on the potty training road and I'll pray she'll start using the regular toilet because I'm ready to be rid of her little potty. I'll pray said 2 year old will take a nap without throwing a tantrum... I'll spend said nap time tantrum praying the terrible 2's will please go away. I'll pray to keep my cool and not feel like an animal lost in the wilderness. Because these last few weeks... that's how I feel. Lost. Lost in more ways then 1 and not all related to her.

On top of all of that i will do what i can to get the house clean (maybe) and I'll drag out the toddler bed and see what needs to be done to get it stained and ready to go into her bedroom. I'll do all this and still work this evening, cook dinner, and force the 3 of us out the door for a walk this evening. How will I do it... i probably won't but it's sure a great idea for today. :) I'll certainly work on getting the working out parts done and the rest... will fall in line depending on the time available afterwards :)

I hope you all have a great day! Despite my "low" self esteem today, I am ready to make it great day; I will not let today's challenging mental issues make it a bad day! :)

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. You know what? I don't feel like working out today, either. But after reading YOUR post... I'm going to! Thanks for that. :)

    And hang in there! You're a busy lady with a lot of responsibilities. So be good to yourself... and try to focus on the positive. Take it one day at a time and do the best that you can each day... and the weight will come off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love exerciseTV and their dance workouts. They have the sexy dance routines and also fun bollywood and cardioke ones. Here's a link to my favorite one:

    http://www.exercisetv.tv/watchvideo.aspx?id=600076367&series=&filter=776652634

    ReplyDelete