Monday, May 4, 2009

A new era is dawning

Ok, so to update you a little.

Sunday we were suppose to start a new "together time" workout routine... yeah right. Sunday Hubby wants that to be our 1 day off. Ok, no biggie. I don't care what day we take off. We went out and bought the Wii and the Wii Fit. Because it ended up being so late, yeah... you got it. Fast food for dinner. We got Pizza. Ok... no biggie, but geezus my week turned into an eating fest(Sunday is my last day of the week). After he left for work and kiddo went to bed, I played around on it for 17 minutes. I had fun and was looking forward to today. :) I would have done more, but it was getting late. :)

Today I had my day all planned, work, exercise before kiddo got up on the Wii Fit, laundry and housework I've been "avoiding". At 9 this morning a friend of mine called, she was pulling together a VERY last minute play date, do I want to come. Well, OF COURSE! No brainer! Of course I do. New baby to meet and my daughter really needs to be around other kids more... she's getting to be a little... I don't know the right word for it. But she needs to be around them more. So off we went, got us both dressed, breakfast pulled together to take with us and out the door we went. Because my friend hadn't been to the store yet, she ordered... you got it... Pizza for everone for lunch. I felt horrible for having taken no money with me, but usually we just do PB&J so I didn't even think about it. I even had, egad! A cookie..... hhhmmm... it was SOOO yummy :):):):) LOL. Did I mention my breakfast was left over pizza? Yeah... i know. This boils down to, yes I could have had some foresight as I usually do and packed some food to take with me... But come on... i was excited to sit around with my girlfriends and was just looking at getting our butts out the door. :):-). Today, didn't end well on a good note in the food department. i ended up deciding today was my "free" day. I made salads for dinner that were chock full of vegi's, but once you notice the loads of olive, croutons, shrimp, etc... Ended up being ALOT of points, more than needed to be. Which was super yummy so tough cookies. :) But the donut that followed for dessert... Not a good choice.

And yeah I'm thinking the same thing... when did I decide a free day was warranted? I don't know... I've got some things floating in my head that I've been avoiding. So onto a different thought. :) Yes, I'm good at avoiding :)

In the exercise department I did 59 minutes of strength interval training along with the Wii Fit; alone! Hubby stayed up pretty much all day while i was gone doing MY housework and other various things around here, so by the time kiddo and i got home this evening from working; he had hardly been asleep 3 hours. So as soon as she was in bed, he went back to bed. Whatever... I knew it was too good to be true. we'll see what his excuse is tomorrow. :) LOL

Anyhow... I love this Wii Fit thing. I love it so much and am so grateful for hubby for having the gumption to spend the rest of what money we had left from our tax money to buy it, the entire Wii and Wii Fit, plus extra controller... i could go wake him up before he leaves for his shift and give him some nookie. BUT alas, i won't... I'm exhausted. My 31 minutes on the Wii really took it all out of me. :) I'm excited about it. I love unlocking more exercises and checking them out. i love trying to improve and being able to change it up when I'm feeling wussed out. I LOVE being a part of the crowd and making screaming crowd noises for myself. hahahahaha! I almost don't care if we buy any "games" just get me Wii Fitness discs. :):):)

Anyhow... I'll wrap this up with 1 more thing because I'm seriously ready for bed and I still need my facebook kick before I go to bed :) I mentioned Hubby stayed awake all day doing MY housework. Before any of you start going oh how sweet... yes, it is sweet... but it's because he's obsessive compulsive and he's sick and tired of the house being dirty. It's great that he steps up to the plate, but it's frustrating and sometimes makes me feel REALLY bad; like I'm a horrible wife. I'm working on that issue as I know it's all in my head. I know a lot of husbands won't sweep, do laundry or vacuum, etc... without being forced and I am grateful he doesn't have to be forced... but couldn't he do it FOR me... not for his obsessive complusive itch. :) Yeah... I know... go a head say it. I've heard it all... I'm still complaining and not jumping for joy. :) LOL But I do love him. :)

Always,
Jules

2 comments: