Saturday, May 2, 2009

Welll.... Ummm... Good and bad. But I feel good!

I feel blank these days... Like I'm all talked out. like THAT could ever happen. The world would be ending if "I" ran out of things to say. But still.... I feel blank. I don't know how else to describe it. But oh well... so here is how things have been going for me:

Friday: Had a GREAT day off. But i wonder why I never truly in every sense of the word, in EVERY part of my life take a day off? I did enjoy the day though. I spent most of it outside with my daughter. She played and kicked around in the pool and I kicked around and took her toddler bed apart. We've had this bed since I bought it when I was pregnant. She's getting closer and closer to being ready to transition (I'm not ready) into the toddler bed, but I want to stain it and try to get a uniform color (if I can) in the color scheme of her furniture. So... I took it apart and started sanding it. I've never actually sanded anything with a sander before. I've always done it the old fashion way (which SUCKS)... I LOVE sanders! OMG!!! Talk about Easy :) I did have a "moment" of tears though... looking at the sander wondering how it works made me think of my dad and all the things he won't be able to teach me... like how to use a sander. But I'm grateful for the things he did teach me... like that I need to go buy some machine screws (I never knew what those were until 2 years ago) to replace the missing screws in the bed. NOT just plain ol' regular screws, machine screws. :) Some lessons never leave us. :)
Today: I spent today, working AND shopping with hubby. We even made a trip to the humane society to see the MIL at work. We were in the neighborhood and missy got to see doggies and kitties. So why not. yeah... Well, I'm still mixed on the MIL part (i'll bring that up another day when i've had time to think about it some more), but it was fun seeing missy with all the animals. :) Today I even surprised myself with a little impromptu nookie with the hubby RIGHT after I woke up. Yeah... that surprised me... ME initiating RIGHT after waking up. I'm not that person. he hadn't been home long and worked all night, needless to say; He was even more surprised than me. But I'm realizing that I HAVE to make the time and since evenings are out (because he's working) and waking hours for missy are out... When else is there; I gotta make the time. But I guess you could call that was an NSV considering that I have no sex drive these days and usually only do what i have to... not what i want to. Today was a want. I know, I know.... TMI... but whatever :):):):):)
Tomorrow: Will be more shopping with my mom in the morning and probably Hubby again in the evening. Tomorrow also will mark the beginning of a new era with between us. We're going to start working out together. I'm hoping I can not be a control freak and can learn that we have different paces, tough crap and deal with that attitude can be acquired. Working out together in the evenings would 1: give us something to do together other than watching TV and 2. I hope will help us get to the same place health wise. 3. I won't feel guilty taking time away from my family if my family is ALSO doing what I'm doing. We're going to shoot for 3x a week cardio for 30min and 3x a week strength training for 30 minutes. All BEFORE dinner after I get home from work; which means building a snack into the menu before I get home. I'm excited. We'll see how it goes. I'll let you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weekly Points: this week has been, well... lets just say slightly OFF kilter. I'm hoping Monday's weigh in will reflect my hard (could have been harder though) work in the exercise department. We'll see. I've had 3 days this week which were WAY over my allotted 24 daily points. Those 3 days were over my 24 as follows:
1. 21 points
2. 8 points (actually i normally wouldn't consider this bad though)
3. 33 points

That is crazy and insane! And although I'm concerned.... I'm not. This is REAL life. Even when i lose weight and get "healthy" I'll have weeks like this. Do i need to institute a "how many times a week we eat out" rule. YES! Do I need to stick to it? YES!!! So we'll be discussing that over the next few days and see what hubby thinks. I HAVE to have him on board or it won't work. I also need to get some meals made ahead of time for those lazy days of summer. Isn't that a song? Really I mean just for lazy busy days. I need to be better about getting dinner "prepped" no matter how "easy" it may be to cook and prep. When i get home and am starving and hubby didn't cook while i was gone (that'd be another miracle)... 30 minutes until dinner leads me to laziness. But... I don't feel bad right now... and I'll have to try and keep that mind set when Monday morning rolls around. Because we all know how I feel about that today... won't be how I feel by monday after I weigh in if the scale has jumped UP instead of slinking down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exercise: I've only had 1 day off so far this week (mon-Sun) and that was Friday. Since hubby and I will be starting a new regime... I won't be taking tomorrow off either. I had 2 days where I worked out for 1 hour and 4 days where I worked out 30 minutes. Tomorrow will be a hour day as I'll walk in the AM and workout with hubby in the evening. I might not have logged as many AP points this week... But I feel good about my activity level. And today when i really just about talked myself out of going for a walk or doing any exercise at all really... I told myself NO! You took Friday off... you can't have 2 days off in a row. You KNOW that, that is the rule. I was proud and happy when I got done. I even took missy with me for my walk, that stroller really does add an intensity that i don't get alone. But their are pros and cons to it... which is why i don't do it often any more.

I'm in a good place, and I'm realizing I need to up my game. I'm excited to work on that these next few weeks. :)


I hope you are all having a good weekend!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Wow thats sounds great, i wish my bf would want to work out with me. it is so hard when you dont have that special person in your life onboard. Good luck and let us know how it goes, maybe you might have some advice on helping me get him to workout with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. working out together sounds great. it will help motivate you two and spend time together.

    ReplyDelete