Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm in pain and in a groove.

I'd just like to share that although I'm feeling like over inflated turkey being gutted for thanksgiving dinner... I just finished 30 minutes of exercising. WHOHOO!! The reason I'm so proud. Because i just didn't wanna. It hurts to stand, hurts bad... But... i just told myself I have to. AND I've hit an all time high!

I decided to not do the Wii and instead used that handy dandy stair stepper that is hiding in my dining room. Normally 2 minutes just KILLS me. I can't do more than that at a time. Today, I did 3- 6 minute sessions. In between each session I did 5 minutes of upper body strength training and then topped it off with 2 more minutes of boxing with the weights. I feel great... but I'm so done.... I'm ready to be basted and have the little red temp thing pop up to tell ya all I'm done.

hhahahahaha!

Eating hasn't been on spot today, damn butterfingers hubby brought home AND pizza. BUT the flip side is, I've only used 5 flex points all week... so I've got some breathing room for some orange roughy tonight for dinner. hhhmmmm....

Have a great night!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. wow, that sounds like one hell of a workout! I love the fact that you split it up and rotated between cardio & strength training.

    The week I first started on my journey, I had one of those free training sessions the gym gives you, so that at then end, when your completely exhausted, they can take advantage of your no energy and get you to sign the papers, eh I digress. Anyways, the trainer put me on one of those stair stepper machines and by minute 2 had to resort to screaming at me and chanting "GO GO GO GO GO" just to get me to 4 minutes. Yesterday, I did 30 minutes (22 months later).

    I promise, this journey is worth every ounce of blood, sweat and tears you put into it. Keep going, keep pushing yourself. I rememeber exactly what your going through and I promise, its worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenn! I was really surprised at the time being upped as i haven't used it in a few weeks... maybe a month. I admit... I didn't push it, my heart rate was raised... but not at maximum. BUT with the way I am feeling, i was just glad to be moving and not dying again today. :)

    I know this journey is worth it... I just wish i could stay motivated to work out more. I'll find my groove. And I highly suggest interval training... no matter how I feel... it makes it all seem faster and not longer. Especially when i'm begging time to speed up :)

    ReplyDelete