Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some times...

Some times... i just have to remind myself to lighten up.

But can you guess what happens when I do?

I become lazy.

These last few days have been great... Saturday's rain and weather really changed my mood and how I have been feeling. The weekend went well. Saturday I spent the evening with some old friends. It was very nice, but a late night. Which means Sunday... I was extra tired. Monday was my moms BD and my daughter, with my help- a lot of help, made my mom a cake. It was nice just sitting around visiting with her. Watching my daughter play with Charlie, moms great dane. They are too cute together. I'm glad I was right about his attitude toward her when she was just a baby. He's so good with her now, even if he was a worry back then. :)

Since deciding on what to do about calorie counting, etc... I've felt much more at ease. I'm trying very hard to lighten up and realize... if I can't count (like Saturday night and the last 2 days) due to schedule conflicts or the food involved.... It's not the end of the world. To eat in moderation and be thoughtful about what I'm eating is more important than the # on those days. It's working.

BUT I have not worked out since Saturday. So lightening up... yeah, maybe I'm taking it a little too far. Part of the problem is I'm exhausted by 5. So exhausted that it's just not in my will power to get out there and exercise. Count that while sleeping at night I'm so damn hot that I'm not sleeping well.... Which I know I won't be sleeping well any more until after this kid sleeps through the night... so we're talking a LONG while. oh well. But I need to adjust. I just do. I need to work out at home when I've got the energy... just in case I just can't make my walks. I know as soon as it gets cooler... I'll go in the mornings... But we're still a month away before it'll get cool enough in the mornings to go when "we" get moving around. Anyhow... i need to get back on track exercise wise... it's imperative.

Why is it so hard to keep both food and exercise on track at the same time? Do you have problems with that too?

All in all... I feel good about where I am. I've got my portion distortion under control and I'm working hard this week to get things ready for our trip to San Diego this Sunday! I can't wait!! I need a vacation!!!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. That's a very good question at the end of your post. I find that it's easier for me when one of those things is working, the other kind of falls along in stride...unless I am stressed out. Then my food choices can get pretty bad, but I still keep up the exercise no matter what.

    I think you have a good attitude about times when you can't or will have a hard time tracking. Moderation and thoughtful choices are a lot better than just eating whatever!

    PS thanks for all the comments on my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing great for someone who is pg. Most pg ladies don't bother. :)

    ReplyDelete