Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm a rockstar!!! (ok not really, but I feel like one)

WHOHOO!!

I did it! Yesterday, no candy, no treats, no sweets. WHOHOOO!!!!

And let me just say, that was no easy feat! I felt like that little devil inside of me was beating the angel into submission. For whatever reason though, angel won.

I think part of what kept me from having any was tracking my calories after each meal. Seeing the #'s really made me think all day. Made me consider each morsel into my mouth. Talk about an Ah-ha moment. DUH!! That's what tracking is FOR!!! Sadly though, my calories weren't any lower than the day before. 2450 for the day. And looking at what i ate, I can tell ya what did not help. 3 1/2 cups of 1% milk throughout the whole day. Dinner was on the high side, but it was home made ham and beans with corn bread. Just like my daddy used to make. And I can tell ya what went into that crock pot was not bad (ok the fatty ham bone was BAD). I had to get that Christmas ham bone cooked. I kept my portion to 1 1/2c of bean mixture. Cornbread, bad girl, 4 pieces when all was said and done. I know, BAD choice!! But hhhhmmmmmm.... it was worth every calorie too. Since I didn't enter the recipe into anything and figure out the calories per serving I just had to guess on FB Mydiet. But, who cares, it was yummy. The rest of the day besides milk was good. No snacking even. WHAT!! No snacking. What happened to me yesterday?

Will Power, motivation... why? Where's it been this whole time? I don't know, maybe finally getting back to being accountable and reading my blogger buddies blogs for inspiration. Facing pregnancy is NOT an excuse and just finally going, ok, enough is enough. I'm determined to spend the next 3 months getting back to basics so in April I can get down to hard work instead of needing time to "get into the groove". Determination is an amazing friend.

So what's that all mean? I'm gonna work on 4 days no sugary treats, no candy, nothing. Thank god there are no baked treats in the house. That's my TRUE weakness. I was smart and threw them all away Dec 27th! Wait! There is corn bread. But I omitted the sugar out of the home made recipe.... so... yeah, ok they count still cause baked goods are my weakness. NO SNACKING ON THEM JULES!!!

Anyhow, the other thing that makes me feel like a rock star is today is my 2nd day waking up and exercising. No turning on the computer, no making coffee, no nothing before exercising. YEAH!! I feel good, albeit tired. I feel good.

Make it YOUR greatest day today!
If I can do this!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!
(Heather, are you reading this!! Stay strong!! YOU CAN DO THIS TOO!!!)
Always,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I am so excited to hear that you did it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I for one know how great you can feel when you have that perfect day (no snacking!). Like you I wonder why I can't resist everyday...what triggers me to crave sweet things? Hmmm...I suppose the answer to that might be the answer to big weight loss question.

    Keep up the good work! Logging what you eat is now easy feat, but yes, I find it does work!

    -B
    http://diaryofasoontobeskinnygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOO!!!!! Congratulations on making it through an entire day! It truly is a mental struggle more then anything, huh?! Darn mentality!

    ReplyDelete