Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's the little hurdles that count

yeah me!

Hubby brought home Chips for the Cardinals game this last Sunday and again for the coming game this weekend. Of course he told me to help myself.

I haven't yet.

But today, I've been thinking about them chips. I think it's the salt I must be craving. Doesn't help that for 2 different meals I have sour cream AND cottage cheese (both fat free) in the fridge. HUH you ask? 1 of my favorite snacks is lays classic chips dipped in plain ol' sour cream or cottage cheese. Yeah, I know... sounds... ummm... interesting. Blame it on my mom. hahahaha!!

Anyhow, I have yet to open that bag. YEAH! For lunch i wanted that all time favorite snack, just that and nothing more. I restrained and instead told myself "your not even hungry yet, NO". When i got hungry enough for lunch, I made another Cesar salad (when will I get off this kick!!). the YEAH part is... after the salty goodness of adding just a little parm cheese and cottage cheese on my salad, cukes, the dressing (I added salt to my homemade recipe before adding it onto my salad today) AND some extra croutons... I'm so satisfied those chips aren't even on my mind. YEAH!!

Sorry, really proud of myself for restraining that i just had to share.

Now that I'm done with that... off to have my small square of dark chocolately goodness. YUM!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Every single hurdle counts, no matter how tall or how small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you are resisting! Sometime it is so hard to stay on track when those around you unintentionally tempt you. Keep up that willpower! You will reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete