Monday, January 4, 2010

So how do you handle dinner when....

So how do you handle dinner when.... You just are too tired and out to cook.

Yesterday my calories landed me at 2420. I'm starting to see a trend. UGH!

I spent most of the weekend (yeah, not exercising) taking down all my Christmas stuff. i'm all done except for the outside stuff, but that'll have to wait until next weekend. So I didn't exactly just sit around doing nothing.

But last night by the time I got done I realized I had not even thought of dinner and although I could have made a non heated dinner. I was just too tired and hubby, lets face it. he does not cook... he'd rather starve or eat candy, popcorn and chips... junk to give himself substance. So, as usual, when i'm just too damn tired and can't bring myself to even deal with what to eat (cause I'm the opposite, I'd rather starve than deal with cooking when i feel like i did last night) we ordered take out. Pizza to be exact. We don't exactly have the money, used gas money to buy it even. We'll deal with that issue when it arises later this week or the weekend.

Anyhow, I am proud to say I only ate 2 slices, tried the wings hubby wanted though... Why did I eat 4 when i didn't like them (too fatty tasting)? I don't know. When I entered in my calories on FB mydiet today I did however enter in 3 slices instead of 2 because they didn't list the exact wings we bought and I can't remember if I had an after dinner treat. I know, I probably did... but i wasn't sure, so I decided to pad the pizza calories to be safe. So maybe I'm over reality... but it really doesn't matter. I still need to face the issue of how can I pre-empt myself on those tired nights... and lets face it... I'm coming up on having A LOT of tired nights that i don't want to cook.

Today I officially started my 3rd trimester and I'm already noticing i'm more tired. Add that in 3 months little man will be arriving and I doubt he'll sleep 5-6 hours straight like my daughter did. Who gets that lucky 2 kids in a row. I don't know anyone. Anyhow... So my dilemma I'm posing as a question to you all

What do you do about dinner when you're just too exhausted to even consider eating let alone cooking, but know you HAVE to eat. How do you keep it healthy? Sandwiches just really aren't as healthy as they sound... and usually leave me more hungry, probably the bread. :)

On a different note, I did wake up and workout this morning. :) YEAH ME!!

I'm also going to work on being strong today and stay away from crappy foods. I doubts it's going to be good to detox from Sugar while I'm pregnant, but I will certainly do everything I can to keep my "treat" for today ONLY after dinner, not after lunch and dinner like I have been since Christmas. :) I can do it! I know I can!! Okay, I'm lying to myself... i'll probably be fine detoxing from Sugar... but I'm being real here, until Hubby gets rid of his candy... I know I'll be a weakling and steal his and that'll cause him to be mad and me to be stupidly spineless to steal it from his stash. I've got to come to terms with this issue and detox from sugary foods... Ok, I'll think on this one. think think think jules, you CAN DO IT!! I'll have to talk to him tonight about this. I really need to get on track as much as possible these next few months and candy & money are not gonna help. I can't do much about money... but i can do EVERY THING about candy. But I admit... I'm not ready for cold turkey.

I also got good news this morning. I have been worried the last 4 days about a message my Dr left me Thurs morning before his office closed for the 4 day weekend. I had my glucose test last week and they never call unless there's a problem. I have been scared and worried that I'm going to have to deal with gestational diabetes. NOT what i want to hear or deal with. Turns out, I'm all good. :) They called to tell me I'm anemic.... Could they have at least waited until today then instead of making me worry, of course not. Anyhow...

happy monday!

Jules

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there - you are still counting calories/tracking which is a great accomplishment!

    PS I moved my blog to wordpress, the new address is http://notjustcelery.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on working out!! When I am too tired to cook, I have smoothies that are premade that do the trick. They are about 300 calories so it fills me up pretty good. I also have some little heatable things for the kids so I do not eat their junk food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules, Happy New Year!
    Regarding the meals for nights when you're beat: get some turkey burgers or chicken burgers and keep them in the freezer. You can pop them in the toaster oven or broil them and they're ready in about 15 minutes. No muss, no fuss! Throw some frozen veggies in the microwave, add a bun, and you're good to go!
    Pizza isn't that bad, really - you could add some veggies to your 1/2, so then it would be even better (and more filling). Wings are not good, though, lol.
    I think you could give up the sugar fine while preggo. The problem is your husband's stash. I would tell him to hide it somewhere you can't find it, or ask him to get rid of it all together. I know for me, I can't have some stuff in the house because I just can't say no right now. Chocolate is one, and Oreos are another. Just can't - so they don't come in my house. And if they do - then I send it to work with my husband.

    ReplyDelete