Wednesday, April 7, 2010

He's here!! He's here!!!!

Goodness me!

My newest little angel is 8 days old today.

Currently, daddy has whisked munchkin away to play catch across the street and what do I do instead of catching some ZZZZ's? Get on blogger. hahahahaa!! I've been thinking about you peeps ALL week. I'm caught up on facebook and on my family website and now I wanna update you all.


Here is my newest favorite man in my life:

We named him Logan Orion. He was born 3/30 @ 8am (gotta love scheduled C-sections). He was 6.15oz and 20.25" long. He has been an absolute blessing since he was born. I don't know what i've done to have 2 wonderfully blessed easy going content babies. But I have. And no, it's not that new mom Bliss. He really is very easy going and happy. 3 nights in a row now he's slept 4.5hrs straight right in the middle of the night. Ok... now I'm just bragging. :) lol
I am doing well, recovery has been going well and monday i even started going for walks/bike rides with my daughter in the evenings. If she rides her bike it's the PERFECT pace for me to be sure not to overdo it and I can't possibly push myself to start walking faster sooner than I should be. BUT at the same time, it gets us both moving outside and it's something that we can do together that's just for her. Although we didn't go today, because I'm drag out tired. That's ok though. :) We did go to the store for 2 hours...
I haven't started my food journal yet. I admit... I'm too tired to even care. BUT on the other hand... snacking is to a minimum and I've limited my "sweet treats" intake to only 1/day. I've been making healthier snack choices like fruit over sweets too. YEAH!! For some reason, my sweet tooth just isn't there and since I'm tired most the time... i just don't care to get up and get something when i do have a sweet attack. I'm taking the rest of this week off as "directed" and next week I'll start slowly getting things into some sort of, well for lack of a better word, routine.
I forgot about post baby swelling, so that has been a SORE and painful subject for me. I'm more swollen now than I was before he was born. Dr said it's normal, but darn it! I want my foot back and I want to feel my fingers again. But all good things in time right? Either way, I'm just glad things are going well and despite the swelling it's REALLY awesome to get on the scale and see it going down. 15lbs lost so far (of course I've been expecting to lose weight after the baby) and although I'm excited to see the scale go down, I'm not looking forward to the day when the scale STOPS!! Hopefully I can get a program in place before the swelling is done going away so that I can continue to see the scale moving... just not so dramatically... but no, I'm making no promises either. :):)
For good reason I'm behind on my blog reading, so I hope you are all doing well and happy and had a wonderfully blessed happy Easter. :)
Always,
Jules

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear an update! I have been keeping up with Facebook to see how things are going! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats & welcome back to the blog world! Take your time getting back into things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He looks precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, he is precious! Congratz! I am glad to hear that mom and baby are safe and happy. Do take it easy and start out slow, soon enough you will be back into it. Take care

    ReplyDelete