Saturday, February 19, 2011

1 foot off the wagon and 1 foot on

It's been a rough week. I've been food journaling and weighing my food pretty well this whole week and trying to stay conscious of my eating habits. And of course it could be better, but improvement from the past is always a good thing right? :) But exercise has been well, non existent. I've got to admit this has been a rough week full of trying to stay on top of my job, kids and some major speed bumps in our life that i have to admit... I've had excuse after excuse and exhaustion. It doesn't help that I've been feeling like I'll never be able to do it again. Trying to get my brain on board is not helping me get there either. I need to figure out a routine for when the baby is sleeping to get everything done without staying up late.

To top it off... I'm freaking out about my commitment to do the American cancer Society's Climb to Conquer Cancer that I signed up for next weekend. If 15minutes of cardio is too hard how will I even manage hiking? Which boils down to needing to get in at least 15minutes of exercise every day just to be sure my muscles aren't cramping 10 minutes into the hike. Feeling overwhelmed just SUCKS! But I know I can do it, I've done it before without being in any kind of shape, so I know I can do it again.

1 good thing happened at the end of yesterday that has me really excited and will surely be taking a lot of my time the next few weeks perhaps months... we qualified to buy our first home. HOLY MOLEY!! I almost feel like I'm in a dream, so 1 more thing to juggle in my search for making time... but I'm so excited about that one it's not even funny.

Light Bulb!!! i think I'll go right now and finish watching this last weeks biggest loser and go use my Wii fit board as a stepper (I bought a contraption to go under it to raise it for turning it into a stepper) and do some step exercising while I'm watching it. Sounds like a plan and something I've never thought of before. Maybe when I'm done I'll feel motivated to do some working out on the Wii. :)

Make it a wonderful weekend :)

Always,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me enjoy a glimpse of your world through your eyes! See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your post makes me feel that I am not alone in my struggle to eat healthy, workout and get things done.

    I ran a marathon once, which I did not think I could do. Before running a fellow runner told me never stop forward motion. That made the difference between me finishing and not. This bit of wisdom may help on your hike.

    Congratulations on getting approved for a lone.

    Each moment you can start a new. That is how I approach eating healthy, working out and achieving my goals. Hopefully that helps.

    Keep going for your goal and you'll achieve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JULES!!! You're back! Hooray!! You can do it! And you're right now you have twice as much motivation! You can do the hike, I know you can! And huge congrat's on your loan approval...now come buy my house so that I can move too!!

    ReplyDelete