Thursday, March 19, 2009

New highs and lows!

Some days I feel like I can't get any higher or lower. Today has broke both those boundaries all win an hours span.
1st for the Highs!
I had a great walk this morning. I felt so good, even took a few... or really 10 minutes to talk to our old neighbor while he was driving by. I felt a bounce in my step and I felt like I was 10 feet tall (I'm only 4'11") and fabulous! This is the best I've felt yet on my walks. I felt so good that when I was almost to the .50mi mark... I did some light running.... partly because I felt that wonderful and partly because I was worried about getting home in time before missy woke up. Not far, just a short distance( probably .05-.10mi), didn't even get fully winded. On my way back home about the same place I had started running again for probably the same distance. Just to get me moving closer to home quicker since I took so long with the neighbor. I feel fantastic about it! Didn't plan it. Can't guarantee that I can do it all the time... but, if body circumstances are the same... I'll do it again in a heart beat!
Now for the lows.
I won't go into much detail because it's not my life I'm talking about. But my best friend for over 20years now is going thru something very tough. She knows I'm vocal and I'll give my opinion when she asks for it, and in doing so she knows I'll be dreadfully honest. Anyhow... yesterday she and I were talking and it hit me last night that something she said... bothered me. She told me she didn't want me mad at her and the told me the updates on her situation. It hit me... she thought I'd be mad. And then I gave her my thoughts, sh**.... does she think I'm mad about it? Did I go to far in our talk after her having said that. I'm afraid for her, deeply and she's like sister to me. So I left her message and then today when i got home from my walk... I had an email from her. She isn't upset about anything i said... but she's upset that I'm disappointed in her or that i might be. And reading her email brought tears to my eyes. I could never be disappointed in her or mad at her for how she lives her life. She said she knows I'm being supportive but is worried it's because I have to be kinda situation. idk. I feel like the most horrible friend right now and it's making me cry. She's the 1 person i strive to... idk. Anyhow... There you go. not the full story. And obviously when i get my emotions in check, I need to make a phone call.

Here's to a great day and meeting all my challenges for the day.
Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment