Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wednesday- Challenging day wrap up

Ok... So, I am proud to say that I DID go for the walk I said I would go on with my daughter when she got up. I also decided to take my camera so i could take pictures of the area I've been walking & running so that you all could have a visual because I just KNOW you're all dying to see it. hahahahaha!!!

It's a park. What do you know :) Here is where I do my hardest part of the walk



See that little black thing on the left side over there? That is roughly where I start running. I know the distance from home & back, but I've never looked to see how far I'm running. So i did check my pedometer at the start and to the 1st pole. It's .03 of a mile. 1st pole to 2nd pole is .03 of a mile. So sometime soon I will run from start to 2nd pole and back. For now, I'll take my combined .06 for the loop I am doing.




This pole is where I 1st stopped running. I would walk to the 2nd pole back there that you can barely see and walk back to this 1st pole and then start running again until I get to my original start point. NOW this week I started continuing the run to 1/2 way between the 2 poles during the 1st leg. I walk to the 2nd and back to the 1st and then run again. I know THRILLING stuff. Come to think of it that means I'm running like what .075... I don't know. Anyhow... I have to admit I chose this area because of my insecurities in how I look due to my weight. And although that fence is keeping me from going onto the school grounds on the other side is a hilly area that keeps the houses with metal fences from watching me. I know... But hey, at least I'm running & walking despite the absurdity.


Normally, I walk back the same exact way i came. Thru the park and down my street. But since missy was with me I decided to walk thru a neighborhood so that i could loop around to where the ponds all are so she can feed the duckies and 1 really mean goose who wouldn't share. Mind you I figured I'd probably be right there and didn't calculate my entrance to the neighborhood very well. I ended way past my landlords house which is 1/2 a mile away from my house. I was thinking HOLY SHIPOLA how far am i going to have to walk just to feed the stinking ducks. I'm not up for this today, I don't even want to do this. OMG! I felt like I was walking forever. I seriously had to push myself to not stop and call someone for a ride home. I was just that exhausted. Anyhow... I finally made it to this pond which is @ the entrance to our neighborhood. Ponds and lakes everywhere and it's all part of the park. If I wasn't so absurd in my own body about how I look... I'd be walking & running here when she wasn't with me. LOL

By the time I got home thinking ok, I'm proud even though I didn't want to, i probably walked 2 miles or more. Yeah... What a joke! I only walked 1.45mi TOTAL. I felt so stupid @ how I was feeling and how lazy I felt while walking. Disappointed in myself and wrote it all down and was wishing I could slap myself silly. But I didn't. I just got on with my day and figured that's what i get for being so unmotivated.

Last, here is a picture of my daughter after we fed the ducks and before we headed home. She's my pride and joy. :)



the rest of the day didn't really consist of much. It was all I could to stay on point, to do something anything off my todo list and to not just crawl onto the couch. i tried looking deep into myself to figure out WHAT was going on with me and I never figured it out. Until I was ready to go to bed. I was writing my activities for the day (my walk) down on my calendar in my bathroom (this is how I know I can take a day off or not when I first get up) and noticed I've missed my period. It's not super late, just a few days... but now I get my exhaustion and my lack of motivation. I get this way during my time and leading up to it. For some reason, I just get drag out can't do it kinda of fatigue. Anyhow... I wasn't worried about the lateness of it at first because I've TOTALLY increased my exercise since my last period. And then while lying in bed this fear came over me... what if I'm pregnant! OMG when did we last have sex... I looked at the calender again and realized I was probably ovulating and oh crap what will i do if it's not due to increased activity. I want to get pregnant, i've been wanting to for a year now... But lets face it, you gotta have sex for that and it aint happening too much in this house. And now that i'm finally in this mode of I WILL get healthy... I'm freaking out at the thought of being way laid by pregnancy. Sadly, part of my get healthy mode is so that my next pregnancy won't be a fearful mess that I'll get pre-eclampsia and harm the pregnancy due to my hypertension that is directly related to my weight. Anyhow... So I didn't fall asleep very well and dreamed I got pregnant and gained 100 pounds and didn't lose it with the baby. Which is ridiculous because that is NOT what i did with my 1st. I was careful NOT to gain "extra" weight and NOT to eat for 2. After the swelling of my entire body went down... I was back to my pre-prego weight. Anyhow... So that is how my day ended yesterday. And today....
Well that's a whole other blog.
Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for the kind words on my blog :-)

    It looks like you have a great place to run and walk. My advice for starting running is to take it slow. So many times, people give up on running because they try to do too much. If you take your time getting into it, I hope you'll find yourself loving it.

    And are you preg???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. First your walk/run around looks and sounds perfect. I really despise running when people I know can see me- that's my version of the self conscious thing.

    Second, I sure hope you aren't preggers too. (For now) I was trying for awhile, and then when you decide to waylay it, you really really don't want it to have taken.

    Good luck and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete