Tuesday, April 7, 2009

All said and done.

Today was a good day... Mind you, I didn't have to work both shifts today so that helped and I didn't cook dinner (we ate out and I stayed within my points while using my AP points for missy's leftovers). All together today, including my walk/run I did just under an hour of exercises today! HOLY CRAP! That really adds up. I'm shocked once I did add it all up. WHOHOO!!! Now, I don't think I could have fit all that in at once today... ok, well i could have if I would have gave it an effort after my walk... but I like reading your blogs... Guess it's a trade off some where :)

The side stepper (not this one that the link takes you to, but similar) I have is one I've had forever. It not only goes up and down, it goes from side to side. I even have a video for it. But this thing works my legs so well that 2 minutes of hard work on it = I'm jelly. Yes I realize it's my fitness level. But by the end of the summer I hope to be able to use it on days it's just too freakin' hot to go outside instead of my walk/run.

Here's how i did my version of a circuit.
2min on Side stepper
2min resistance bands-arms
2min on Side stepper
2min resistance bands-arms

next set went as follows:
2min on Side stepper
1min crunches (slow and steady focusing on breathing and technique)
2min on Side stepper
1min crunches

This evening I did the following:
15min walk with Hubby & daughter... Just to get out of the house and feed the ducks.- My beat the TV monster strategy

Then i did:
2min on side stepper
2min resistance bands-arms
2min on side stepper
1min crunches
1min pelvic tilts.

This along with my 20min walk/run put me @ 57min total today. I would have never guessed at this all day.

Really, you can the do circuit however you want. I just wanted to get in all the stepping usage that i did and i can't do very much on the resistant bands or crunches @ 1 time. Doing it this way helped me get in smaller, easier to handle exercises that i can do without taking a break. And by splitting it up into a circuit, i get to keep my heart rate up for a few more minutes at time than if i tried to do sets. Anyhow...

We'll see how tomorrow goes; I'm going to try to do the same thing and see if it works better for me. If I have to I'll take my stepper outside so that missy feels like I'm "with" her while she's out there. We'll see... I will try harder to continue on this path of fitting it all in smaller bits at a time. It's so much easier to handle and I'm exhausted so that's a plus.

Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment