Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I FEEL GREAT!!!

I feel like Tony the Tiger saying I feel great. hahaha!

1. This morning I told you I did go for my walk/run, but what I didn't tell you is that i actually decreased the time it took me to complete my mile. On Monday i was @ 21.33min/ 1 mi; today i was @ 21.13min/ 1 mi. Okay, Semantics is that it wasn't by much. But hey, I'll take every little bit I can get. :) The other thing I realized this morning is I need to start not only timing the entire mile, but I also need to take a look at how long it takes me to get back to my neighborhood every day. I use my street as part of my cool down and slow the pace down the closer I get to home. the sucky thing is that i would have cut my mile down by almost 2 minutes if I hadn't slowed down. So... tomorrow we shall see, but I was excited by the 20 second decrease in time! WHOHOOO!!!

2. While at the play date, I did not partake in even 1 mini-muffin and I held to my guns that the girls needed to take the care packages I made them and keep them. I did however lick frosting off my fingers from when i gave one to missy. But hey, it wasn't even a 1/4 of a teaspoon so i won't beat myself up. Even though all there was to eat was things I shouldn't partake in, I did so sparingly to nourish myself and stopped. Even though i wanted more yummy goodness of croissant sandwiches. Yum. All in all I did very well and after last nights debacle, I'm very proud. I love this group of girls and I don't know how I would get thru life without them to support me and just be my friends. :) It'll be interesting to see me slowly grow thinner while 1 of them slowly grows her belly for baby #2.

Just an oddball thought and question in here. Lately I've been thinking of freedom a lot. What it means to me and how I can better achieve my own personal freedom. Something that goes along with this for me is birds. How beautiful and free they look when they fly.

That age old question of what would you be if you were an animal?
I used to answer it: Tiger...
Any more, I know I'd want to come back as a bird. Any old bird, i just wanna fly like the wind. Instead I'll just have to get my inner me and my outer me to match so i can fly within my own freedom.

So to all of you who are struggling and have been having harder weeks than usual lets stand tall and have the peace of mind to know that WE ARE CAPABLE of doing this and that we will succeed.

Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment