Monday, April 13, 2009

A whole lotta randomness. :)

Since I woke up this morning... That's all I can think of... Goodness me.
I am exhausted. I even slept a whopping.... umm... lets count... 8.5 hrs. HOLY CRAP! I don't know the last time I slept that long and hard. I even woke up this morning thinking I'd slept thru Monday! Yeah, what world do i live in where a hubby & 2 year old would allow that!! Not mine!

The last few days have been a busy and a little wonky. I've been exercising and eating on mark. I finished last week with more AP points than normal AND I didn't even eat them all. My FP points were only 2 for the week! WHOHOOO!!

So where did all that darn bloating come from? I can feel it today again. My feet ache. When my feet ache like this it's due to bloating and my skin being stretched out. When I was preggers, it was like this 100% of the time. Because of the bloating I didn't get on the scale this morning. But why have I been fighting this bloating issue so much these last few weeks. I almost wonder if I need to go to the Dr and see if it's something medical. But what could it be? I don't know. I'm working REALLY hard at upping my water intake and I'm almost consistent @ drinking 4 bottles a day to equal my 8-8oz glasses a day. So... I'm a little perplexed.

I decided this am, while groggy and still trying to wake up, that I would try to kick this scale habit. No more every day. And right now, believe it or not... I'm itching to weigh myself so i am drinking my coffee and telling myself I can't, I've already consumed something, so I can't. Who knows how tomorrow will go. But I will try VERY hard not to do it every day. AND I will be sure that if and when i do weigh myself I'll give it at least a day before I do it again... I'll work up to 1x a week... Because I don't want to go cold turkey and fail. Failure is not in my vocabulary right now. I NEED to kick it, but I NEED to do it gradually so that i can succeed! :) Anyhow... onto something else :)

Fri & Sat were spent getting ready for Easter and wrapping up work for the last few weeks. I did get my walk.run in on Friday and walked and ran over and over again. I really like the starting and stopping I've been doing. I get a harder workout and I get more intensity out of it. I even improved my time by adding in 2 more places to run! WHOHOO!! I officially was caught up on work Fri when i laid missy down for her nap. It felt GREAT to be done. So we'll see. I did a TON of shopping on Friday to get everything I would need for Easter. Sat my mom came over and we colored Easter eggs with missy. Hubby was so tired he seemed almost like he didn't want to be there. But oh well. We only did a dozen, but that's because we don't eat a ton of hard boiled eggs around here unless they are deviled AND I can't have the yolk :(. She dyed those eggs over and over again until she was wearing more than the eggs. :) It was so funny to see her really enjoying it. The rest of Sat I spent my time watching the rain flood my back yard. I LOVE THE RAIN! I miss Washington State for that sole purpose (ok that and being so close to the ocean & seeing green every where). I puttered around the house and got a few things off the To-Do list, but still no REAL housework. Oh well.

Easter was FUN! I started my day out by going on my walk/run and just not being able to do it. I went back to my old just a mile route. I did manage to get myself to run walk every chance I got. And I did do it. But just a mile. And that was ok. I don't know what was up with my body, but I just was dog tired and felt jelly the whole way. Oh well. At least I exercised. :) I used to give up when i felt like that and stay home (kinda like I'm doing today). After I got home, the easter bunny hid the eggs with me and we set out the easter baskets. I let missy sleep as long as humanly possible since she wouldn't be getting a nap that day. We woke daddy up and started the fun. I can't wait to see her running around the yard in a few years looking for hiding eggs instead of eggs that are out in the open. After some chores; we headed out to my grams house and had so much fun. Nevaeh went on another easter eggs hunt over there, and I got tussled to the ground during the adult easter egg hunt. Did you just read Adult Easter egg hunt? I meant to say, the big kid easter egg hunt. Anyhow... Kiddo ate candy pretty much the WHOLE time we were there and at home she fed on dried fruit from her eggs. Dinner was pretzels and more of the fruit. Oh well. I was too tired to fight her. She ate a whole lotta nothing, and had a whole lotta fun. We got home and I had to do laundry and just crashed. We all pretty much did. :) I love spending time with my family and wish we did it more often.

Today starts a new week and i need to learn to fit paperwork, work, life and exercise all into 1 day. I'm taking today off because I feel drugged from sleepiness and my body aches. I can feel it, I need a day off. Even though I took Sat off... I know. Oh well, I'm allowed 2 days off a week... So it's just gonna be today for one of those days. I will be working on making sure missy has NO sugar today as I'm sure she's probably still got more than enough coursing thru those veins from yesterday. My evening will consist of house cleaning. Hubby's already been put on notice that he has kid duty when i get home this evening. :) So today will be another full day despite my taking the day off from my walk/run.

Weigh in yesterday showed a thankful 1.7lb lost! Just under 2 lbs. I'm 7.3lbs away from 20lbs since 3/1/09. Despite the last few weeks of blahness on the bloating front and scale front... I'm encouraged. I can't fight bloating the way most do, so i just need to find a new way to deal with it in My world. I hope you all had a great Easter and have a Super Monday!

Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment