Monday, May 25, 2009

Death by cake

Really... that title should read "disclaimer: this is real life"

Lets see... 2 weeks have gone by. I've been a busy girl. I'm doing my best to stay up and at 'em. to not "slip" too much and just hold my own. That equals, taking less time on my computer. Just sneaking in and reading (as I love all your blogs) but reading and typing... just isn't enough time in the day for both. And although I am ALL about me... I'm also all about you guys! :) But I NEED to figure out how to balance it all... computer time on here to blog and my real life. My Accountability feels like it's at an all time low. Support feels like it's at an all time low... because without blogging... how can i get any?? Especially when hubby comes home with Slurpees... for ME!!

SO: Here's a quick recap of the last 2 weeks.

May 11-17:
Exercise:
2 days of 1hr sessions
3 days of 30min sessions
5 days total- Great Job
Points:
2 days of super crazy out of control days
1 day where I was just semi outa control
So 4 days of good eating and OP AND only maybe needing my AP points

May 18-23:
Exercise:
2 days 30 min sessions
2 days 1 hour sessions
4 days total- not too shabby considering my schedule this last week
Points:
4 days of crappy crappy eating - more on that in a minute
3 days of awesome OP days

All in all... breaking it down like that... I can really see where my weakness was and how bad it REALLY was or wasn't. The week of the 11th wasn't as bad as I thought. I worked out 5 days and only screwed up eating 3 days. Last week... was a huge slippage though. I think it could have been a really strong week... if it just didn't keep going downhill.

Fri night I should have just said no to the twizzler bites and popcorn at the movies... and then no again to my favorite Chinese food restaurant that we live too far away from to go to.... ever!!! Side note: We saw the new Terminator... it was actually pretty good. :) I liked it. I really did :)Here's where Sat & Sun went wrong....

Death by cake

Sat I should have thrown the cake away that I decorated at a bridesmaid event for my brothers wedding... It was a cake decorating demonstration for all us bridesmaids and we got to keep the cake we decorated.

Except for cake... too much cake... Butter recipe with buttercream icing (removed before i ate each bite as I don't like buttercream) a whole 3 layer cake sitting in my house. JUST FOR ME!!! If it wasn't for the Cake.... I didn't do too bad on Sat. This just proves WHY we don't keep baked goods in my house. I haven't found that control button yet. I'll tackle it some day... I'm just not ready yet.

Death by cake continues

Cake, calling my name... teasing my taste buds... begging me to eat it. My daughter begging for cake... cake cake cake... Sunday was still death by cake.

Although, Sunday I AM proud of myself in some ways... but disappointed in others. We had a BBQ at the IN-LAWS AGAIN!! I'm tired of these freakin' people 2x in 1 month! Enough already. Sh*t... coming home smelling like cigarettes and waking up with swollen eyes SUCKS! Feeling crappy around them SUCKS! But I WAS a good girl and was very nice and such a joy to be around. If they only knew at heart I was dreaming of their deaths! Did i mention that everyone over the age of 35 are drunks? 1 lovely visitor was such a drunk she kept passing out. death i say, death! I know... I know... ok, the dreaming of their deaths really was just an exaggeration... the drama queen coming out... but still. You get the point. I didn't want to go.

Since burgers was the menu, I made a HUGE salad. Didn't count the points for it as it was lunch and dinner (because of cake) was told there would be a fruit and vegi tray so i also took my hummus with me... I took 2 bottles of water with lemon in them (I only drink it with some lemony fresh goodness in it) and figured they have a water bottle stand I'll drink that if I need to minus the lemon. No biggie. Yeah... we get there, no fruit and vegi tray... no water... artery clogging materials for consumption left and right. Ok... no biggie... until we ended being there so late that i was dying of thirst after 3 hours, hungry 2.5hrs after dinner... and no where to turn for substance of any kind. I used my usual hint to hubby that is was time to leave (always works) didn't work. I had no choice, but to starve and die of thirst (or drink tap water, I'd rather die) OR to choose the best of the worst evils available. Which equaled soda for beverage and the only thing I could even rationalize eating was the chips and salsa. At least the salsa is fat free right? I didn't gorge... I even stopped before i was even satisfied. Stopped at starving still... but it was something to keep me from getting nauseous from hunger pains... until I drank the soda... I ended up wanting to throw up. I haven't had soda from a can in so long... it made me sick. I guess I need to be ultra prepared in these instances like when kiddo was an infant and I took everything under the sun... just in case. Lesson learned. Boy was it.

So... even though that reads pretty negative... You can SEE the goodness in me. Trying to rise and claw to the top to win! Now if ONLY i could rise and claw my way to the top like that over cake.

I did end up cutting up the cake (after icing removal). I cut it into small portions and froze it as treats for the kiddo. Hubby bought me my VITATOPS so that i had something to turn to when i was in need instead of the cake. If I eat 1 more piece of that cake... i will toss it all away. Kiddo will live! :) I know, such a good mom. :):):):) Keeping cake just for her... yeah right! But I will throw it all out if I eat any more. I swore to myself, and I never break those promises... hence why I'm putting it on here... if I say I ate cake after Sunday... you all better let me have it!

Almost done with this long over due ramble. Today is Monday... I'm taking the day off from the world as I've been away from home so much... I miss my home. I did wake up a little on the down side from the last few days escapades... I'm battling PMS as my period is fast approaching so when it came time to step on that scale... I decided not to do it. I did take my measurements... but I didn't weigh in. I decided if I wanted to be strong against the darn cake monster... i needed the break from it since no matter the loss or gain... my PMS and the last 3 days will make me crazy with wonder.

Before I go to bed... I do vow to work out... I've been trying to talk myself into it ALL day... hasn't worked yet. Oh well. What do you do. I will though. I HAVE to!! I didn't work out the last 2 days, so today... I HAVE to! And I'm just not feeling it... hhhmmmmm... wonder why?

So there you go. That's where I've been for 2 weeks. Even though I've talked more about this last week... You can pretty much change the word cake to the word FOOD... all FOOD and still have a very good description of that week.

Always,
Jules


I hope you all took a moment today to thank those you know who do/did serve in the armed services... no matter your views... they risk their lives every day for us. All by their own choice. I for 1 am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment