Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wednesday challenge

Yesterday started out well enough. I don't know... i can't seem to get my sleeping down. I keep waking up utterly exhausted. I have cut back on my caffeine, but i don't think that's the problem as I normally don't have it until 30 minutes after i wake up. And the exhasution i feel is still there after my shower and after my coffee.

It was a struggle though to exercise yesterday. Finally at 8pm last night. I forced myself to do my 10min ab routine, 15 minutes of Fat burn workout and 30 minutes on the Wii all before I went to bed. No matter how much a struggle this week is for me. I will NOT lose it. I won't. Here's how my goals broke down for the day

Exercise = 55min of cardio workouts/ Wii+ video's
Points = Total of 19.
Water = 5 bottles
Pills= AM & PM
Wake up = 7am
Bed time = 10:40; but i stayed awake reading until midnight... kinda defeated the purpose of going to bed. oh well. It was a damn good book though.


Hubby threw a curve ball at me this morning while i was in the shower. He told me how proud of me he is. I asked why (hoping I was on the same page as him) and he said because of all the hard work I've been doing to get healthy. So I used that as a way to thank you, BUT! I need him to be more supportive. To up his part of the anty. When I'm getting lazy and say screw it; lets just eat out... i need him to also stick to the plan and say no only 1x a week. Some days, i just want to give up. And I need someone who is willing to NOT LET ME give up!!! He lets me give up. And it's damaging and quiet frankly, makes me wonder who i married sometimes. Anyhow... He said he would work on it and would also try harder to get on track WITH me as; remember how I said he said he'd work out with me, but I said I'd believe it when i saw it. Yeah, i think he's only worked out with me like 3 times. He's been killed all 3 times too. I work him harder than he works himself and it's just my normal routines; although they do kill me too, just not as bad as they do him. :)

Anyhow... I think I'm going to go get some things done before kiddo gets up..

Always,
Jules

4 comments:

  1. The thing with your husband being on board is tricky. I used to go back and forth with the frustration with my ex, too. I wanted him to get on board with me, but then when he was more motivated than I was I'd get jealous, lol. Or especially when he would lose more weight faster, I used to get really mad. But then when he was not on board, he would do things to sabotage my efforts, like bring me candy or demand fattening foods be kept in the house. IT was a catch-22.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I never get enough sleep. Hubby snores like crazy... and he keeps me up half the night. lol

    Plus... he brings Little Debbie cakes home all the time and eats them in front of me! So don't feel like your hubby is the only one who doesn't show 100% support 100% of the time.

    My hubby needs to lose about 80 pounds, and he says he's trying, but then he eats these snack cakes all the time. I practically beg him to go on walks with me, and it never seems to work out. It really is discouraging at times. But... we just need to realize that WE are doing this for US... no matter what our husbands do or don't do. Ultimately... WE are responsible for our own actions. And hopefully we can be good examples for them and eventually they will catch on and change their ways! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for working out even when you didn't want to! I struggle with that all the time too. It's so hard. But we are gonna do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite things my WW leader has told my group is that we can't control others; we can only control ourselves. While it would be great for your husband to be more supportive and hold up to his end of the bargain about working out together; in the end that is out of your control and you have to rely on yourself and find the strength within yourself to do this with or without his support. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh (it isn't meant to), but I think this is one of the greatest lessons we can and need to learn.

    Keep up the good work, you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete