Saturday, June 20, 2009

2 delicious treats... or maybe it was 3.

Tonight I pulled my act together. It might have been late in the game, but i did.

WHOHOO me!! :)

Dinner turned out amazing!!! I made my recipe blog because at the time i was doing a lot of experimenting and trying to find low point full flavor recipes to cook. Well... these days, I don't do much in the way of recipe cooking. It's chicken or fish pan cooked and some vegi (usually broccoli) for the side. All that changes it the way I season the meat. I know... so un-inspiring. BUT tonight I decided to play with my fish. I've been on an orange roughy kick these days. It's not as cheap as Cod or Tilapia, but it's not as expensive as salmon or halibut. AND the kicker is... it comes in REAL portion sizes (5-7oz), not some freaky 1-2oz portion size. it's low in points and I really like the flavor.

Anyhow...

Delicious thing #1
Tonight I sauteed up some onions, mushrooms, sweet orange peppers, zucchini, cooked my fish in the midst of it all with some old bay seasoning AND some seafood seasoning I bought at Sams Club. Just as it was all done, i threw in some fresh spinach leaves on top... just to wilt them. I broke the fish up and wallaaa... instant bowl dinner. OMG!! It was so good. I was wishing I had made more... it was that good. It tasted light, yummy, the onions were caramelized to perfection. hhhmmm... i could almost go make more now... I'm making myself hungry. I'll have to post this in for the record. It was a whole 6pts!!! I don't count my EVOO (I know for shame) But i spray it in the pan and then spread it with a paper towel... So... kinda really isn't there. At least, I that's the lie I tell myself but considering I don't eat a lot of oils (except dressing which I count). Tough ship. The dish would work just as well with chicken. Onto other things before I go eat something from making myself hungry. :)

Delicious thing #2.
I went walking. Yup! I did it. despite being dog tired today... i went for a 30 minute force the kid to stay in the stroller heart pumping walk. I kept my heart rate in it's target zone. Wasn't as long as I wanted, but after almost what like 2 weeks of no heart raising activity. I'm proud. :) Missy was being so good that I cut the walk short and we drove to the BIG park that's lighted at the ball park.

Which leads me to maybe Delicious thing #3.
We went to the big park because our neighborhood park, the playground lights... are well non-existent. We spent an hour at the park playing. I was hoping i could convince her to go walk around the pond/lake... because she's been really getting into "running" along side me for part way and I can walk fast then and maybe stretch my workout time. But oh well. today she actually branched out and was ok with me staying OFF the playground equipment and just walking around the ground following her like a puppy. She won't let me sit off to the side like the parents... but that's ok. Some of those kids make Mama bear come to the surface the way they treat the younger ones (including mine) so it's probably better I actually be where I can SEE what happens if something should happen or I just might let her claws out and shouldn't have. :)

Anyhow... Tomorrow is Xmas in June/BD celebration/fathers day with my husband's biological paternal grandmother and her husband. I adore them and they adore me. So it'll be a VERY nice change to spend time with in-laws who like me. :) Hubby wanted Peter Piper Pizza i begged for Egads... a all kinds of food buffet... because at least then I can pig out on salad and not pizza. And I know what your thinking. But really... whenever we go to this particular one... nothing really looks appetizing enough to BLOW IT on; so I'm happy with the vegi's for Salads and I've learned to dip my fork in the dressing on the side so that i can portion control even that. I go girl!! :) I'm glad we'll be with someone other than myself & the kiddo tomorrow because tomorrow will be a hard day with it being the first since my dad passed. I miss him. And yes, i see how maybe tomorrow being a hard day a buffet could spell disaster, but I know in my heart... i'll be ok. Because I always am at this one. :)

Always,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. Great job on getting out and moving! Dinner sounds amazing, sounds like you are totally embracing a healthy kitchen!

    ReplyDelete