Saturday, June 20, 2009

Finally getting around to... well just moving around period.

Last night was F.U.N. Wii games, good food, & good company.

Not that i didn't think it wouldn't be. I've been best friends with her since we were in 3rd grade. We've stayed friends ever since. We spent YEARS where we only saw each other once a year if that. Back in the day (until I moved home in 2000) we were pen pals (in the same city even) more than anything. But she's always been like a sister to me. heck... We even were born the same year, 1 day apart. Hows that for close. hehehe!! We're so different in so many ways, but we're alike in so many others. I couldn't ever in my life ask for a better friend and as much as I love my husband. I see her and I growing old together... our kids taking care of us and reminding us who we are more than I see any one else. hahahaha! We even joke about it. Her daughter has already said she's not changing any diapers; period!! hahahhaa! And I do hope my hubby is around, but there's nothing like someone who's known you for what might as well be your whole life.

So of course we had a good time. We don't really get to "catch up" as much any more as her daughter is now old enough (14) to understand what we're saying and gets the logistics of what we're saying. I adore her daughter and she's my first favorite girl, my daughter is now my bestest favorite girl over her, but she'll always be special for me. Which also means so far she hasn't outgrown hanging out with us. i hope she never does... but if she does, WOW will we be able to talk about A LOT more. :) Last night I even realized how much I miss the code talk we had between us so that kiddo (then MUCHO younger) wouldn't get whom we were speaking of. It was always so much fun. :) Now we have to talk in hushed tones like teenagers again so that our parents, er I mean her daughter, doesn't hear us. hahahahaha! I knew adults went backwards as they got older. hahahhaa!!

Anyhow, I did pretty good on the indulgences; that is until my hubby got there after work (he's been working swing shifts just to keep his job) and brought with him brownie cheesecake. ooohhhh my god! I completed 5 deadly sinful bites that will some day send me straight to hell... they were that good. I can even taste it now. Holy cow am i SOOO glad I convinced my bestie to keep the rest at her house for today & fathers day... I'd be in gluttonous hell. Oh but some sins... are to die for. :)

I didn't get home until after midnight. 8am rolled around WAY too early! I'm so tired. Exhausted to the bone. A little afraid of monday's weigh in... but at the same time. Am praying I do well today and tomorrow to counterbalance it. We'll see. So far so good. I do hope I can deliver the strength and energy to go walking tonight with my daughter. We've got 100 degrees temps around here again and that doesn't help being too tired for things. It looks like they are here to stay for the summer... no big surprise, but this summer has been a surprise around here, normally we've been 100 degrees for a month now. If not... i think she and I will be playing the Wii and at least getting in some Yoga. If I can wake up.

OH and did I tell you today i gave myself a fat nose with a beautiful cut across the top? yeah I did. I have this fear of Bees... it stems from a long story. But I'm afraid... I went in to the garage (door was closed) to clean all the crud in the car from yesterday as I left it all there last night when i got home. Heard this buzzing. Figured it was a horse fly... until it slowed down long enough for me to see it was a bee. Ok... calm, be calm. I grab the bug spray (which says it won't work on bees... but what else was I to do) shoo missy into the house; grab this wooden crate right next to me to stand on... and SHIT before I even put it down... the damn thing flies RIGHT at me. F**CK!! I put my hands up to shield myself... yeah i don't know what i was thinking either. it's not like my hands could stop it... I smacked myself in the nose with the crate because I was still holding it. Oh my goodness does my nose hurt. it's giving me a nice little headache. Lovely... I've got a fatter nose than normal. hahahaha! At least it's the bridge and not the end like when i was a kid and looked like rudolph with no make-up. hahahah! that's a whole other story for another day that is an awesome memory my dad. Oh crap, here come the water works. I'm outa here.

You all have a WONDERFUL weekend and please give your dads an extra warm hug.

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. old friends are the best..you are very lucky. good luck on the Monday weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Wii! Totally a fun way to get up and move, without feeling like its a serious workout!

    So glad you stopped by my blog, I have added you to my list of MUST READS! Can't wait to keep up with your journey!

    ReplyDelete