Monday, June 29, 2009

I have to admit...

That when the alarm went off, i got up, peed and went back to bed. I couldn't even keep my eyes open. My goodness... going to sleep after 12:30am and getting up at 6am don't mix. I wish i could figure out my insomnia.

BUT a kudo to me is that last night when the hunger started... i ignored it. Luckily I fell asleep shortly after. I know if I'd been awake much longer, I wouldn't have been able to ignore the pains. But still... i did not eat at midnight. WHOHOO!!!

The other kudo's is that as soon as I wake the kiddo up here in a minute(aka as soon as I'm done posting) I will get on the Wii and do my hour... Yes, an hour of exercising. So, although I didn't wake up and go walking at 6am. I AM GOING TO WORKOUT! Not later, NOW!!

I decided while cleaning the shower this morning that i would set the alarm every morning for 6am... today I stayed awake for less than 5 minutes before going back to bed. Tomorrow... if I don't make it for my run, I will force myself to stay awake for 5 minutes before going back to bed. I'll start increasing my "you MUST stay awake for at least ____ min" every day... until hopefully the alarm going off and my body start to comply. Hopefully, like today, knowing I did not get up and go for my walk will be the motivation I need to get up and exercise on the Wii. If nothing else... i guess it's great to have a well, I didn't do that so i must do this. :) I also hope to continue going walking in the evenings with my daughter on the days i don't work in the evenings. I just have to figure out that evening schedule so that she's not up any later than her bed time.

Anyways, anyone have any great ideas (besides sleep aids) for getting to sleep earlier than usual? Sleep aids, including benadryl leave me groggy and I usually need a good 10 hours for them to be out of my body so I can function... I don't get 10 hours of sleep. Kidding me. So no go. But I'd love some ideas, including homeopathic, on ways to get to sleep earlier than usual. What works for you? What time i go to the bedroom and lay down does not effect how fast I fall asleep... i can go to bed and lay down at 9pm and I'll still be awake at midnight. I always read when I go to lay down... it's my wind down time. I NEED that time... but even a REALLY boring horrible book, does not put me to sleep. :(

Anyhow... Any suggestions?

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day. And remember...

You are FABULOUS just the you are!!

Always,
Jules

OH I almost forgot! I lost .1lb in 2 weeks. I'll be thankful that the bloating isn't so bad... but I woke up with my eyes swollen shut & my fingers and toes like snausages again... which means that the bloating is still here. I'll be glad for my period to end (any day now) and then a day or 2 later I'll be back to my normal amount of bloating. :)

3 comments:

  1. As far as going to sleep earlier, it is going to take time. Since you are on a schedule of staying up late (12 or later) you can't expect to just be able to start falling asleep at 9. Likewise, maybe 6AM is too early for you to start waking up.

    How about starting out trying to go to bed by 11, and get up at 6:30 or 7. Even if you can't get an hour walk in, maybe you could get a 15-30 minute one in.

    Gradually start adjusting your sleep time to your new schedule, 15 mins at a time for a couple weeks at a time.

    Just remember with exercise, every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bleck - sorry about the insomnia. I have never really had it for an extended period of time, just one night here or there per year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The easiest way to get to bed earlier is to just suck it up one day and get up at 6:00 and go work out. You'll be tired enough that night to go to sleep early. I get up at about 5:30 to go work out most days and I like to stay up late too. However, after a morning workout, at night, I'm ready for bed by 10:00. And then the next morning is easier to get up. Of course, some days, no matter what, there is no getting out of that bed at 5:30 and the exercise has to wait until after work.

    ReplyDelete