Monday, June 8, 2009

Proud moment for myself

So... it's not exactly a secret that i just LOVE (dripping with sarcasm) my in-laws. And they just happen to think I am the cats meow whom they adore (with even more sarcasm, so much so that it could strike you dead)

Well, I am proud to report that I have made a step in the correct normal person , healthy relationship with the in-laws direction. :) If I ever could be normal with them, but that's not the point. Hubby's birthday is Sunday. I was planning on throwing him a surprise party, but my moms family is just about all going out of town for a family camping trip.

I wish we could camping, we wanted to... but, we're still not sure
if hubby will have a job before the month is out, so... kinda not going.
So, instead of NOT throwing him a surprise party, I took the initiative to throw a surprise dinner for the in-laws instead. I'm having them all over here for a party for him for his BD. I'm turning it more into a dinner... cause the later in the day i have it... the earlier they will leave. :) Money kinda bottomed out today... so instead of what i was planning for dinner (kinda woulda cost more than we can now spend) I'm making mexican dishes since we have a bazillion dried beans in every flavor (gotta love WIC).
I kinda can't wait... I mean I'm excited to celebrate my hubby... decorate for his BD, make him a cake, the whole works. I'm not excited to have them in my house. Not excited to spend time with them at all. Trying to be the most upbeat happy person around them is exhausting. trying to give them no reason to be upset with me is exhausting. really... being NOT me around them is exhausting. Not that I'm not a happy sun shiney person in general. But around them... I'm an introvert who is to the extreme. I'm too uncomfortable around them to be ME. So instead I have to fake it, just so I can get a HI. Anyhow...
the point is. I'm extending an invitation to them and so far, they've all said yes. I have to admit... i thought they'd say no and have excuses as over the last 2 years... that has been the case. Hubby better damn well get better because this kinda nice deserves some sex. :) LOL hahahahhahaa!!!!
Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I hope it goes well. You planned well--later, so they'll leave earlier. I like your thinking on that.

    The last full sentence made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete