Sunday, June 14, 2009

What the cat dragged in

Today I am the dead, bloody, oozing, un-recognizable animal the cat dragged in during the middle of night.

Yesterday was a grueling day. When missy finally got home and it was time to put her to bed. I couldn't bend over to pick her up off the floor (as she was determined to sleep there) it was that grueling. I got up at 6:30. Started working around here by 8 or 8:30. Did not stop until 11pm last night. Only rested to eat. So maybe total... I rested 1, maybe 1.5 hours. When i look at my list of things to do today... which is still a mile long. I feel like I got nothing accomplished. But my house is super clean. I put up 4th of July decorations (stars) which are doing double duty as birthday decorations. I made a new flower garland for my kitchen (as the one I had was a fall decor) it has twinkling lights and everything. Very cute. I blacked out my high kitchen window as although I love natural light, crave it, worship it... that window only succeeds in furthering the heat in my house in the summer. I'm surprised at how dark it made it... but how little it effected the overall light flow of the house. WHOHOOO!!! :)

Anyhow... I did so much here and there. I just never stopped. Hubby even ended up helping. Although he tells it like he cleaned all day (he did after 2pm) and did a lot to help me; the truth is....he didn't. He always does the folding of the laundry so that wasn't really "a help", I wasn't planning on cleaning my bedroom or my bathroom as guests WILL not see those and he cleaned them, I wasn't planning on "cleaning" the out of doors and he is such a neat freak he cleans out there... the only things he did that were actually a help and off my to do list were vacuum kiddo's room, grate cheese (the only thing i asked him to help me with) and change the litter box litter. At least i don't have to do those things now. :) And at least the things he did are done. But he gets a HUGE kudo's for his efforts because
1. he stayed out of my way and
2. he had planned on sleeping in all day and he didn't. :) Woulda pissed me off if he had. hahahahahaa!!

He did do 1 other thing last night that I liked. He went and got me (us) liqueur. We don't drink much around here since he got a DUI while I was pregnant. For various reasons we've decided to keep the house a drunk free zone and so we just don't do liqueur around here. Well, he went and got us some last night. I was craving slow screws (slo gin instead of vodka screw driver), but he bought vodka. And let me tell ya... DAMN it tasted good. And after yesterday and then again today's schedule... I could really use to sleep in a buzzed stupor.. Really to sleep for a few days straight. Or maybe just 1 day. Maybe I'll just have to get buzzed before the in-laws show up. Just to keep me happy; although I'm tired and exhausted enough... It'll probably just put me to sleep. WAIT! Double bonus!!! hhahahahahahhahahahahaha!!!

Anyhow... You all have a great day. I'm going to go start my busy day and pray I get it all done so that i can get all beautified before they show up or maybe just so I can sit and veg for a while before they do.

Always,
Jules

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. Gotta love that vodka lol.

    ReplyDelete