Monday, July 13, 2009

All good things... come to those who PUSH for it... screw waiting!!

So Saturday i was a cleaning machine. I even did it all in good time. Didn't watch much TV, didn't do much of any sitting down, until I was ready for dinner (lunch I ate standing up), and I even pushed myself to exercise. I was so tired. My body already ached, and although the house cleaning counted as movement... I just knew I HAD to get it in so that I could dig myself outa this hole I created for myself these last few weeks. I only did 36 minutes, I did take it at a lighter pace, but I did it! Did I mention I mopped with my wrist weights on... holy cow my arms were hurting!!! Then... off to bed I went... and didn't sleep. I was up (damn insomnia) until around 4:30... hubby came home from work Sunday morning and damn his snoring woke me up after 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

So needless to say... SUNDAY SUCKED! I figured something out too... Why is it when I'm tired... i mean no sleep tired... Why am I a bottomless pit of hunger? When hubby gets no sleep... he doesn't even think about food. Me, all i can do is eat. I don't get it!!!! At one point... I tried so hard not to eat, to do anything but eat... and I gave in after 30 minutes. I guess it just proves, if I don't get any sleep. I'm a spineless weakling. Which I already knew. hahahaha!! I didn't exercise. I admit... It took everything in me just to stay awake and take care of missy. I didn't do anything but watch a movie, read and eat. And I can't wait to read some more. I'm lovin' this book I'm reading. :)

I did end the week with 5 workouts totaling 3.16hrs. I'm proud of myself. Considering I'd only been doing about 1-1.5hrs the last few weeks.

However, as much as I ate yesterday... I'm proud to report a 1.8 pound loss. Just happens to be the weight I put on last weekend... hhhmmmmm...... makes me wonder. I know I probably did some damage yesterday and I am just thankful I didn't see any results from it today on the scale. I do know that means I need to be diligent this week and work on my eating. Now that exercise is back on track. I need to get my eating reigned in and under some semblance of control. :)

My resolve is good. I feel like (despite yesterday) I'm finally in a good place. Finally where I feel I should be. I feel like I pulled myself out of the hole and I'm looking ahead and searching to avoid any more holes. I know there will be some more... it's part of the journey... but hopefully, next time i can pull my foot out before my whole body jumps in after it. :)

So my plan today is to get rid of this pounding headache (& pray it doesn't turn into a migraine), work. exercise, & maybe some vacuuming of this dirty tile (it's filthy after 1 day, we'll see:). Also... I'm excited to get back on my vegi and fruits eating plan. Salad here I come today. I miss you my sweet leafy friend.

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. So recognizable! I also eat when I'm tired and yes my husband doesn't do that either, he doesn't understand me why I do it. Hell I don't even understand it myself :)

    I've a headache also today together with pain in my mouth so I've decided to leave everything to it and don't do nothing this evening and go to bed early!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, when I don't get my needed sleep, I begin to lack the energy I need to make healthy decisions.

    Good for you for getting your workout in on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete