Saturday, July 11, 2009

holey moley bat man...or whatever he says.

Yesterday eating wise was probably a little crappier than I would have wanted. Ok not probably, it was. I had a very light breakfast as i wasn't hungry. just some watermelon. Lunch was a HUGE salad... hhhmmmm.... yummy vegi's. Then hubby woke up, as usual on his day off... I let him talk me into fast food. It's not like he has to try very hard. He wanted churchs chicken... which I adore. I LOVE IT!! But I asked him if we could do KFC so that i could get grilled chicken. let me tell ya... it's a load of crap. Tasted good... but can't they just PLEASE take the skin off and how about de-boning it for me. eeeewwww. If I take those out of the picture it tasted really good. :) LOL I just hate gristle and skin. So when you add 1 breast, 1 drumstick, coleslaw and fries to the mix... oh and 2 biscuits.... It was a crappy dinner. Oh yeah... and that planned root beer float. DAMN!! I shoulda just not even talked about food. hahahahahhaa!! it's always easier to act like it didn't happen.

I did figure on the left over grilled chicken will be good (skin, bone and as much gristle as possible removed) for wraps and salads. Hubby took ALL the rest of the leftovers to work for dinner... so no tempting coleslaw in the house for me. YEAH!

I'm not beating myself up about it. I'm ok.

I did exercise yesterday. I did 48 minutes on the Wii EA active. I used my new wrist weights and let me just tell you! What a difference they make. My arms are achey today. I finally had to take them off when i was doing my cool down because I was done, they hurt by the end. What a difference it made. I even pushed thru and burned 32 more calorie than it projected. YEAH ME!!

Today I don't think I'll have trouble food wise as I plan on cleaning the whole rest of the day. I always eat just fine then. I did make some waffles this morning. It's my own made up recipe... whole wheat Apple oatmeal waffles. Now I just need to get on spark people and figure out what those puppies cost me in calories/points. Whatever it was... I'm ok with it. I at least know what went in them. All healthy and not even a serving of syrup, just a Tbs. Today I plan on re-arranging my living room, cleaning the whole house, checking out the vents in the rooms that are coldest, changing the air vent, making an egg casserole for next week, maybe some breakfast cookies or muffins... we'll see. I also plan on exercising again today. I can't wait really. That's change from all week. Either way, I KNOW I will make today a great day! I also know it won't be too hard as hubby is working ALL day today. :) LOL

So much easier to be good when he's not around and I'm busy. If only I could plan those 2 events every day. I'm such a weakling when he's around. But he makes it ok for me to be. I need to make it NOT ok for me. Oh... just another thing to work on. :)

Always,
Jules

PS... I'm feeling good today. Not depressed. :) Maybe chicken did the body good. hahahaha!! yeah right. :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad youa re feeling good! We all have those meals every now and again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that the KFC "Grilled" chicken wasn't really that "healthy" as it's done with skin. So you'd take the skin off, and fat, and bones and end up with pretty fairly tasteless chicken as opposed to what you would make at home on the grill with your own spices. So your post didn't surprise me, I must confess.

    Know what surprises me, Long John Silvers' chicken is fairly low in points (yes, with the fried batter dipped pieces) AND the hush puppies are only 1 pt each! I was pretty happy with that as it's a pretty good "junk" style food if you ask me!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete