Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's been a great couple of days :)

Last night I did get my workout in. I slept like a baby. Well, until my own little baby starting coughing. Slipped her some meds to stop it... passed back out... and 3 hours later... She was up again with another coughing fit... and then again... @ 6am. Geezus! I finally just woke up. Kept her in bed until her regular time... but what did I do with my time... not nap... not work out. I played on facebook sending notes to all my friends from HS and even some family. :) aaaaahhhhh.... it was a nice way to spend a quiet morning. I was 1/2 asleep the whole time... but, coffee tasted like heaven today. My own little sip of heaven. When 9 rolled around, i was finally awake. Ready to start the day.

I didn't get any exercise in. Decided today would be my day off... from counting points and from exercise. My mom generously took my sick baby girl off my hands for the night so that i could have a mommy day off. I made plans with my best friend (no kiddo's allowed) and met her for some bridesmaid dress window shopping (for my brothers wedding next year) and dinner. I didn't want the stress of worrying over WHERE to eat. She is amazingly supportive, would have gone where ever I "could" go that will keep me on track for my health kick (not so much a kick these last few weeks but still). I told her nope... I'm taking the day off. We went to Olive Garden.... i miss yummy white pasta. hehehehehe!!! I did order something I know has "less" on the plate (there are some benefits to having worked there once upon a time). Probably not the most calorie friendly plate... but I didn't stuff my self silly, that's important. I got the Zuppa toscano, because lets face it... I LOVE LOVE LOVE that soup. It is so yummy. I just have to have it when i go there. And I ordered the Ravioli de portabello. hhhhmmmm.... I can taste it.

We talked a lot, so dinner was spread out over a long while. I have no idea how long... but we didn't leave until 8:45. I miss her, it was nice to talk without worrying about kids and extra ears.

I introduced her to Operation beautiful. I hope I can pass it along to her and her daughter. We'll see. I just may have to leave a note in their bathroom next time I'm there. :)

Anyhow... Tomorrow is my 1hr workout day. And with the kiddo gone... i really have no excuses... but I do plan on sleeping in. So we'll see how late I end up getting up in the morning.... in the past... just as early as usual. But I'm beat.

You all have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY!!!!

Always,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you had such a great time out with your friend. I'm envious because I don't have any friends in town to do that with and the nearest Olive Garden is an hour away. lol I would totally go to the OG with you and sit and yack.

    Hope your little one is feeling better.

    Olive Garden, yum. I always get the cheese ravioli and figure it at about 16 points. I wonder how close I am. I'm fixiated on food as it's one of my favorit eplaces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful weekend Jules!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone deserves a day off of working out. Glad to see that you were able to relax for a while and spend time with friends while your mom took the little one. Hop she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete