Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life does go on.

I've had a lot bottled up lately. Most of it has been pushed down by the grief I've been feeling. BUT life does go on, it has been going on for months now. So it's time to reach down deep and Move on. I'm sure over the next few months as the memories come forth of last year, tears will fall. BUT I will get thru it.

So, with that being said. A LOT has been going on. But today I'll just update you on my health track and weight, pregnancy... etc.... the rest will come later. :)

I did go to my PCP. I'm off the cholesterol meds. AND my blood pressure was better than it was in february. We'll do a blood work up AFTER the kiddo is born and re-evaluate at that time where to go at that point. I hope it'll be no more meds, but the truth is... Sooner or later I just might need them anyways. If heredity has anything to say about it. So I've come to terms with that. I can stay at my calorie intake and WW point level if I choose too. He said that with my extra padding (my words not his) it is perfectly feasible to have a healthy pregnancy AND not up my calories. He said in order to help "way lay" my chances of pre-eclampsia (I had it with my 1st) I need to stay on my healthy eating track AND walk every day for at least 30 minutes. No matter the pace, just walk. Other than that, he said to just stay on the road I was on prior to getting pregnant. So... here's what I've decided after talking to him. :)

1. Exercise: I'm VERY motivated to walk for at least 30 minutes a day. Last week i even went to my moms after a play date to walk instead of coming home and then walking... because I knew after driving all the way home... i wouldn't walk. it wasn't a full 30 minutes, but still... i walked. Since going to the Dr I've only missed walking 1 day. And there have been a few days I just didn't want to go. And I did. WHOHOO!! I've even been working all week at looking up strength training for pregnant woman. I want to be safe. That will start Saturday, my mom is also giving me her exercise ball... so I'll be using that too.

2. Calorie intake: I did up my WW points by 5 (couldn't find a WW guideline for pregnancy, just for nursing). I'm not going to necessarily SHOOT for this... I'll still be sure to get my daily 23 in. BUT if I by chance go over (which I've done a few times this week... damn pizza)... I've got the 5 to cover me and then my AP and FP. I just want to be safe and not end up starving myself because of weight gain, etc... Calorie wise, I'm not sure where this leaves me. I was not counting calories until the same time I found out about my preggers state. Since the 1st I've been in the range of 1300-1500 calories. I did have 1 day that was EEEKKKK 1800 calories. Holy moley. But it was only 1 day. The 1500 range was due to Pizza for dinner 1 night and left overs for lunch the next day. So... I'll be watching that. Anyhow... Really... I don't have any idea where my calories should be. I've never counted calories before. But I'm LOVING mydiet on facebook. So... I've been keeping track. I kinda figured if I can stay around 12-1500 on average (1200 being a losing weight range right?) then, I guess I'll be ok. It'll be something i'm going to ask the OB about later this month. I admit... I need some direction when it comes to calorie ranges.

3. I'm trying to ditch coffee... so far in a week I've gone from full caffeine to making my own version of 1/2 caf, to now @ a 1/4 caf. Although my Dr told me with the 1st he's ok with 1 8oz cup a day... I still want to try and kick it. We'll see How I am by the end of next week. hahahahaa!!

That's my general plan. So far I'm good. I'm proud of myself and I'm feeling like I'm in an awesome place. I feel elated 1/2 the time and on cloud nine. I don't remember feeling this happy with the last pregnancy. I don't know... something is different, that's all I know. And probably it's just me and who've I've been growing into. But still... it's a pretty awesome feeling. :)

2 last things... my insomnia seems to have cured itself with the pregnancy. I have been insomnia free since finding out. It's probably all mental, but i don't care. I have a REAL live, internal clock these days. I'm asleep by 11:30 and up by 7:30 without any clocks!!

I've changed my weight loss widget to just a weight journey widget because I still want to track... I'm scale obsessed... lets face it.... I'll still be tracking, might as well share with all of you. hahahaha!! But I am wondering if I'll end this pregnancy with having only gained baby weight like I did the first. We'll have no idea until those weeks after the birth when the swelling goes down. Then, a whole new phase of my journey will begin. For now, I'll just keep track and be happy with whatever happens. :)

this whole post seems discombobulated. hahahahaa!! Sorry. :)

Always,
Jules

4 comments:

  1. My whole life is discombobulated... join the club!

    I am so glad you have a plan, and walking will help you so much. So will kicking the caffeine. I started slipping back with the coffee drinks, so I am now trying to quit again.

    I will have to try that diet software on Facebook... I looked at it once and forgot about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful plan there. The walking is good--I love that you went to your mom's instead of home! That's determination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you hun this sounds great and so doable. Congrats on the pregnancy in case I forgot. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the wonderfull comments and Encouragment you have given me! Take care of yourself and the little one inside you :)

    ReplyDelete