Monday, August 10, 2009

My brain is empty... or is it

These days i don't find myself with a ton of thoughts in regards to weight loss, exercise... even any "learning" about myself. When i started this journey, i had so much to talk about. These days, i feel like my brain is empty. Maybe it's the change in routine... my quiet "alone" walks by myself in the mornings... got me thinking. My walks in the evening with my daughter. I'm usually just walking, reminding myself of Dora from nemo.... just keep walking, just keep walking. Trying to distract the kiddo from asking to go play on the play ground and myself from wanting to quit. LOL. The difference between me walking in the morning and me walking in the evenings, is night and day. hahahaha! pun intended. :)

I know my brain isn't empty though. This last week I just keep running thru my head all the things I want to get done before this new baby is born. The projects I started when I first had missy, but have yet to complete... I need to complete them. Things I want to do in preparation for this baby and things I want in general. The projects I'm HOPING to start with missy for Christmas presents. I'm excited about all of these things and I'm working on accomplishing them 1 at a time. Working on 1 until it's done and then I'll move on to the next. Too bad nesting can't start today... I'd be done in a month. hahahahhaa!!

But really, I almost feel like these days, weight loss and exercise, just aren't important. The self reflection and growing I was hoping for and doing on this journey... like they just aren't as important any more. But that's not true. They are... they just seem way laid. Or are they? I don't know. I do know I can't lose focus over these next 9-10 months because if I do... I'm afraid I'll never get back on this journey and that would be bad for my self and my children, not to mention the hubby. :)

I feel like a whole new journey in my life is starting, and i haven't even some what accomplished anything from the last journey I was on. BUT isn't this the whole point of life... the road widens, turns, gets smaller, branches off, etc... all the time. I need to find balance and get comfortable while i can... But I need to keep looking in ward and forward and working hard to keep focused. These days, I just don't feel focused the way i should be... but this is how I've felt for a very long time. Hence, why in some ways, I had fallen off the wagon the more summer warmed up.

Sadly, I feel lost without my morning walks. I think that is what it boils down to in a lot of ways. I need them back... but I need to figure out how to deal with the full brunt of the heat then don't I?

Ok... I'm done rambling. I have a lot to think about, but right now, all I hear is my tummy rumbling.

Always,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment