Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yeah me!!

I only have a minute before I have to start my busy day. But I wanted to share with you, my YEAH me moment for the last 24 hours. :)

Last night after working, I went to my moms and we went walking together. We walked for 45 minutes all the while talked and visited. :) I wish we lived closer to do it more often... but instead I'll have to remember when I'm in her area for work or play dates... to make the time :)

And then this morning, i crawled out of bed wishing it was NOT time to get up... jumped in the shower to shake off the sleep... then went outside and went for a walk. I did my usual 30 minutes, but i walked thru the park instead of the streets. I did less mileage than usual, but I assume that means I was walking pretty fast... or was I walking slower... Not sure which. I'm just glad I got up and went out there. I braved the heat. :):)

I realized this morning how much faster and easier it is to walk when I'm not pushing the stroller. Go figure. Does that mean I get more of a workout when I'm pushing the kiddo? hhhmmm... I have no idea. I did however forget to put on my ankle weights... which after leaving I decided was maybe a good thing because of the sun being up and I'm not used to walking with the sun beating on me any more.

I'm glad the mornings are starting out in the 80's instead of the 90's. I think I'll start walking again in the mornings at least a few times a week. I'll still be walking in the evenings because, well lets face it... my walks keep the kiddo from throwing a tantrum when it's time to go to bed. Which also equals me keeping my sanity and blood pressure not rising out of stress. hahaha!!

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Jules I love walking it makes me feel good, energizes me and I think it's slimming my legs a bit too.

    ReplyDelete