Friday, September 4, 2009

Yesterday I did a ton of research, weeded through a ton of crapola on the Internet and this is what I've come up with for an action plan. It's at least a start and I'll see how it goes over a 2 week period and readjust where need be.

I found a website that went into the whole calories in/out subject AND had a calculator to help estimate what you burn just to live. With that info I went to a few other sites I use for tracking and info... here's how it stacked up:

Estimated calories I burn just to live with light activity: 2137
Mydiets estimate of what i burn sleeping 8 hours and being a couch potato for 16 hours: 2020
BabyFit wants me to eat 2160-2460 calories a day while I'm pregnant.

Obviously everything is estimated because I know without a professional and #'s based on my OWN body... I can't get anything other than estimates. I don't know how BabyFit decides how many calories you should eat. I changed my weight multiple times, being severely obese AND severely skinny... it stayed the same as with my actual weight. So... Here's what i decided on doing for the next 2 weeks and then I'll re-evaluate & change where needed.

1. I changed my calorie intake to 1800-2100 calories a day. Which I think is higher than I was orginally shooting for
2. I'll use BabyFits eating plan for 2 weeks (I did change my calorie range to the above on the site) with variations to meet my needs. ie... no beef and I'll change the meals where needed to be things I actually buy and use so that I have room to play and hubby and kiddo will still eat too. But it'll be a good base. After 2 weeks... I'll see how it goes.
3. I'll still do what i have been... walking 30 minutes a day-no matter the speed and I'm going to add my yoga Mama tape & I'll switch that with strength training every other day.

Hopefully sticking to this plan will do 3 things
1. Curb my all or nothing mentality I've acquired
2. Portion control- Which I've also LOST.
3. Give me some direction so i don't feel so lost.

So here's to direction and hope. :)

Have a beautiful weekend and be safe.

Always,
Jules

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great you've got a plan you feel good about. It took me several different tries (well, a lot of tries) before I finally found something that worked for me!

    Good luck, and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great plan, Jules. You've done some good research and I think you'll do a good job implementing it.

    ReplyDelete