Saturday, October 3, 2009

Benefits of being poor

You don't usually think of the benefits of being poor until something happens.

Like today, when our fridge decided to quit working (we rent, so now we're waiting on the landlord).

Came to our attention that if we weren't in our current lack of money situation... Our fridge would be FULL, we would have frozen meats, and a plethora of food to be freaking out about.

Currently though... We only have to worry about the Dairy (which we're on WIC, so we have a lot), condiments and the few odds and ends. No meat to speak of either. We also cleaned out the freezer of things that we didn't need, like the frozen banana's hubby's been begging me to throw out. And we realized HEY! We could be eating the frozen (defrosted now) fruit in the bottom of the freezer, that i forgot about.

So, for today, Being poor was a good thing. Although we really didn't need this bad news especially since last night we informed our landlord we are $100 short. I also thank god for friends, who went WAY above and beyond to help us get ice chests to help keep the food cold :)

Does stress raising your blood pressure count as exercise? hhhhmmmm

Always,
Jules

3 comments:

  1. Aw girl, I'm so sorry! I hope things get better and SOON. And I love your positive attitude. I need some of that! :) Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your comment today, Jules.

    hang in there.
    you have the best attitude and it will serve you well.

    mizfit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you are having all these troubles. You have a wonderful outlook on things. I hope your finances turn around soon. I think stress should definitely count as exercise!

    Take care,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete