Monday, January 25, 2010

ugh

Ok, Straight truth.

Last week I worked out 3 days in a row, mon-wed. YEAH!!

And then... I sorta well, I feel like I was clinging on to the back of a moving wagon with my legs flying behind me... cause my proverbial wagon took off and I barely hung on. Needless to say... yeah... I wasn't tracking and there is an entire bag of chips missing, at least it took 4 days to eat, but they were hubby's, I don't even care for the flavor of them... yes sad, very sad... and I even ate my daughters munchkins, i shared i did... but I wasn't suppose to eat them at all.

Oh well, crap happens and the 5lbs of water retention is REALLY sucking and the constipation I'm dealing with is well... both of them are my due punishment. Nothing like being pregnant to help you gain umpteen pounds in swelling.

So... today,

I'm keeping in mind how desperately I need to stay up on the wagon, full body not clinging and flying; lots of water this next few days so that by Wed's Dr apt my weight can be a little more realistic. PLUS I need to be on my game.

I guess the good news is, there really isn't anything else left in the house to snack on except popcorn and I'm too lazy to pop it. hahahaha!! And there is getting to be little food in the house so I'm working on a new menu schedule. Remember my complaining about recipes with no calorie info. Side note: I also hate it when it doesn't tell you how big a serving size is for the recipe. So as I sit down this week to make my menu and then grocery list I'm going to set myself up for more success. I won't even put the dish on the menu unless I can also add the calorie AND serving size to the menu BEFORE i even buy the food for it. This way, if I don't have the info... I'm forced to sit down and get it myself with sparkpeople recipes OR I'm forced to ditch the meal off the menu. By deciding on the serving size BEFORE I cook it... it'll help me know how much to take BEFORE i eat or even cook. Like last nights dinner, I realized AFTER I cooked that a serving size was only like 1/2 a cup! WTF!! Woulda been fine if i hadn't added all my vegi's into the dish... so the dish was all there was to eat, no vegi's to pile on my plate. But I admit... OMG!! It was really yummy and I added all kinds of vegi's too it that it didn't call for and even cut the cheese in 1/2 for the whole dish. But still... Shoulda known a potato dish wouldn't be big portions and doubling up put it over 600 calories just for 1c. Anyhow... the point being, i need to set myself up for success before I even go to the store. Not to mention that I'm hit with hunger so quickly these days that there is no time for cooking for lunch. And due to money, we don't have a lot of ready to eat meals. We don't even keep much in the way of sand which makings except PB&J. I've gotten so good at making sure leftovers are minimal that I've been in trouble this last week. Anyhow, I need to set myself up for success all day. Working on that this week before I'm desperate for the store... New ways for menu planning will be key. :)

So this week I'm working on new ideas and as long as I continue to keep telling myself no on baking some home made banana bread I'll be able to be more successful. And just let me say, I've been craving that banana bread so bad that i even keep thinking of ways to healthify it to help my lovely bowel problem. But in the end, I know I'll eat the whole loaf in 2 days... so it doesn't matter what i do to it to make it healthy... won't be healthy to eat it all in 2 days. So, I guess that's a plus in my willpower. :)

Make it a great week peeps!

BTW, have you noticed when i fall off the wagon... I don't comment on your blogs? Well, yeah... that's cause I hide and don't read so I can stay in my fog. BAD BAD BAD blogger friend.

Always,
Jules

5 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great week! I am happy that you got in the three workouts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make some banana bread and freeze it? So you only have 1 slice available at a time? I just made banana bread yesterday that had whole wheat flour and flaxseed meal - it was 175 calories for a slice (and very good!).
    If you can take some time to prep snacks and stuff as soon as you get your groceries home, you'll be better prepared for when your hunger strikes. Frozen fruit and some yogurt in the fridge are a quick snack / meal...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the workout! You are getting close to your due date so I'm impressed you are still working out.

    I think Jenn had a great suggestion with preparing and packing up the proper portions for snacks. I did that as well and it really, really helped.

    Take care and I'm excited that you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I feel bad, (like for months at a time) I hide from the blogosphere too. It is natural I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jules!
    Funny that you should have the urge to bake banana bread. That's something I always seem to "need" to do just when I'm having a great week. I tell myself it'll be healthy, I'll only eat a little...good fiber...lots of....blah, blah, blah. I rarely bake...why I want to when things are going well, I'll never understand! Your post has sort of set me straight again, because I've been thinking of baking cookies to send to my kids for Valentines. Not that either of them NEEDS cookies....surely I can think of something else to send...but it's that same thing as the banana bread.

    Thanks to your post, I've decided not to. Nope...not this time. In fact, I've been rather negligent on my calorie counting...and yesterday was a bread/perogy day...making me feel pretty crappy today. But I'm feeling inspired now!

    Here's to a great week for both of us!

    -B
    www.dairyofasoontobeskinnygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete