Thursday, May 5, 2011

Swimmingly proud.

yesterday wrapped up to be a pretty good day. Full of victories, although the scale is hating me right now and I'm returning the feeling.

I ate beautifully. Well under my current goal and I even made a dinner much lower in calories than it was intended to be. Hubby still loved it. That was a victory all on it's own. Slowly lowering my calories is really working out so much better for me. I'm not feeling suddenly deprived and I'm proud of how well I'm taking control of my eating. I'm hungry but I'm satisfied with my progress and my determination. I feel hungrier less and less. YEAH!!

yesterday's workout plan worked wonderfully! I got in more exercise than I am currently capable of doing. So splitting up my exercise goal is a wonderful idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Last night I attempted a netflix workout i usually pass over because I know I'm just not capable of doing it fully. And guess what... i got further in it then I ever expected. i pushed myself and modified where I needed to. As a matter of fact I'm still sore today. YEAH!!

So today i'm going to work on figuring out just WHERE my calorie goal should be. I feel daunted. i don't want some unrealistic goal that will lead me to failure.... I don't want to be unhealthy either. i have a 4yr old who watches me like a hawk so i have to be smart.

How'd you decide what your calorie intake should be? Any suggestions?

May you all have a beautifully happy day today. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have been using this website called My Fitness Pal. It asks you your height, current weight, goal weight, life style, etc. and tells you how many calories you should be consuming. Also, it tracks fat, carbs, protein and more. The best part is it's free! It's at www.myfitnesspal.com. Let me know if you sign up! My username is "isabellemybelle" :) (I sound like I work for them LOL)

    Good job on the workouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the standard recommendation for weight loss for a sedentary person is 10 times your desired weight, or 1250 calories for you. If this is a drastic change, you can just follow your current strategy of easing into the restriction. There's a guide here: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001943.htm that you may find helpful.

    ReplyDelete